Should I ask this girl I like to homecoming?

So I've been hangingout with her a lot recently. we've been pretty good friends for a while and I started to like her. I want to ask her to homecoming but she was talking about how she wants to go to homecoming with this boy she likes ( they dated a while go and break up, but she still likes him). What should I do?

What Girls Said 1

• Of course you should ask her. It's not like you're going to lose anything if you do.

What Guys Said 1

• Ask her, the early bird gets the worm... or in this case, the girl.
    If she turns you down, then no big deal, you're right back to where you are right now (no date). On the other hand, she might say yes! If she and this other guy have dated before and broke up, then clearly it wasn't a great relationship. He might not want to go with her anyway.
    Can't hurt to try!

The guy still like her too

Then why are they broken up?
      Clearly there's something that's not that great in their relationship, right?

I don't know... I'm not sure how old you are (just under 18), but you don't have much to lose by asking her out. The worst thing that could happen is she turns you down, or she accepts and then backs out and decides to go with the other guy.
      Either way, it will hurt for a bit but the world won't come to an end, and you'll be able to say that at least you tried.
      There are lots of girls out there and this won't be your only date or potential relationship. In a way, it's a game of numbers. You might get turned down or go on one date only to find out that it's not going to work with 3 girls for every 1 girl who accepts your request and it turns out to be a good relationship (or your odds might be better!), so the quicker you start the quicker you'll get to the ones that are worthwhile!