Is Dating At Fourteen Okay?

I turned 14 in early July and am currently a freshman in high school. Well, in September that is. Anyways, I've always been a huge hopeless romantic and have literally dreamed about getting a boyfriend. In high school I want to meet people and finally have my first legitimate kiss, but to me 14 seems young. I don't know if it's just a social constuct, like how 15 sounds more mature than 14 when I see no difference, but I'm concerned about it. Any advcie or opinions is well appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Truth is its fine. As long as you aren't doing the dirt with him it's fine. Take it as a learning experience. All through high school people are dating and trying to find themselves. However, don't let it take away from your schoolwork and after school activities.

Your parents will tell you otherwise because it's your parents and they don't want you to make a mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

• 14 is fine for dating, but just take it slow. Dont let anyone pressure you and make sure you go at your own pace

What Guys Said 2

• If you really want to date for romance and love, then you should wait until you are 17. Just enjoy spending time with your friends as much as you can now because a year after high school, most of them will be gone with work, school (schedules will be different than yours) or with a boyfriend.
    Make time for your parents too. Don't forget about them. Focus on that and finishing high school. Dating early isn't usually good for you if you really want romance and love.

• It okay. Use it as a learning experience. Have fun and take it at your pace.

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't let my child date at 14. Your first priorities need to be school and whatever activities you do. Boys can wait until late.

• I think it's perfectly fine to start dating at 14, I think it all depends on what you want and what maturity you have. I'm nineteen and I have never had a boyfriend, not that I couldn't have one if I wanted, it's just that I personally don't think I want one and that I'm just not ready for a relationship ☺️