If a girl asks to have sex with a guy 10 years older, no one bats an eye but if a guy asks to have sex with a girl more than 10 years younger... Why?

... everybody loses his mind.

3mo this is only about legal ages!!

Most Helpful Girl

• To me this is only an issue when the girl is a minor, when any person is a minor really. In first year of high school a close friend of mine was really into this guy who was 12+ years older than her (she was still a minor), and he occasionally worked for our school. And the creepy thing was just that we always wore school uniforms and all so its not like she would look like she's older than she is. And they went on dates and kissed but thats as far as I could let the two go because he was starting to ask for sex as well and about "taking her virginity".
    Now since this wasn't in a western country it wasn't really frowned upon or illegal but the school still couldn't know about it so clearly it was still wrong on his part, but I did mostly get mad at her though and lectured her constantly why she shouldn't fuck him.

But anyways everyone has different reactions to the situation, I go batshit no matter who asks (unless the two are adults then its entirely up to them what they wanna do).

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL my wife didn't even tell her parents how much older I was until she turned 18 and was leaving for college after dating me for three years.

What Girls Said 7

• I think both of those are disgusting.

• And if a woman fucks a guy ten years younger people talk, this is an age thing, not a gender thing.

People assume you mature as you get older and want different things. Chasing after kids to fuck so you feel younger isn't very cool, isn't very mature.

I think it's the youthful bodies that men are more attracted to and the charm of an older guy that girls are more attracted to. not him trying to be yoinger.

Some do, some really don't. Same as men, I know loads of men my age and younger who like old women. Well, I mean 40+. I don't think there is a good generalisation for age gaps and the reasoning behind them.

Yeah maybe.

• As long as they are adults (for the rest of the world) I say go for it. If it were my 18 yr old son/daughter in their senior year of high school, that's a little awkward and something we would need to talk about.

yeah your own children is always a little different. I'm speaking about the social stigma.

• well it just depends on how old the youngest person is. if the youngest person is in their teens it is always wrong.

• Meh 10 years is nothing, you sometimes can't even See the age difference on their faces. And Mickey is 11 yes older than me XD. It's if the younger Person is young enough to be their child, that's what I find really disturbing (and disgusting)

• I also like the dark knight

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 5

• Because many people look at sex as something that a guy "takes" from a girl and, if the guy is older, then he is taking advantage of a helpless little girl but if the girl initiates something with an older guy, then he was not taking advantage of her.

• That's because the guys is picking one that is borderline illegal. However if the girl is 18 or 16 in some places and it's legal then it's fine. Obvioulsy you question the motive of 26-28 year old having sex with a teenager but their is nothing you can do about if it's legal.

I know it's legal. but people still think he's a pedo... but for her it's socially acceptable.

I think older one (male or female) is going to seem that way because they are preying on young gullible teenagers. My wife and I are 5 years apart. When she met she was 19 and I was 24 and her parents didn't like it much, but when they realize I wasn't just using her them and others turn around. Your friend will be ok as long as the relationship last past the honeymoon stage.

5 years is nothing xD I mean how is it using a gullible girl if she wants it?

• As long as its legal bruh.

• well, im 28. i dont wanna go to jail man

why jail? you can legaly fuck an 18 yo xD where i live, you could even take a 16 yo.

dude... that sucks.

and women wonders why i dont trust em anymore
      eh that's life!

• Double standards exist for both genders