For Girls!!! How do you like to be approached by a guy?

3mo From guys that you don't know complete strangers...

Most Helpful Girl

• be yourself... no cheesy pickup lines don't be rude don't be sexual. A simple introduction and a compliment works. And don't be rude if i turn you down.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a dumb question to ask women. Lol. No offense to you :).

Women will say - "I like am an who is respectful, introduces himself to me in a thoughtful manner and asks me about myself".

Sure... that works, but it doesn't get results. I have done this many times, and women have either ignored me after getting their number or they put me in the friend zone.

When I try the aggressive/semi-sexual approach and let them know what I want, that get's results.

So then how do you choose to approach girls in order to get the results you want? Whats an example? :)

@dreamingincake One example:

See a girl in public
      introduce myself
      Tell her I think she smells good and she a has a pretty smile
      Get closer to get and put my arm around her shoulder or waist
      Let her know I want to take her out sometime
      Get her number
      Text her where I want to go and when
      Then I get a date

If I try the nice guy approach, I will get the number... but the flake rate is much higher and I don't get dates that way.

Breaking the touch barrier to soon might throw me off, but otherwise I think this is a good approach. Especially if you compliment an intimate detail, like the way she smells. Very good!

What Girls Said 15

• Just being friendly. Not immediately trying to flirt with me. Casual compliments work well (hey, I like your kicks).

It really depends on the girl. And their response to you will tell a LOT about the girl you're trying to pick up, and if they are worth picking up.

By the end of the convo, I want to believe they are asking me out because I'm a cool person—not just because I'm attractive :/

• It's going to vary with each woman.

Be nice, keep eye contact, make her smile, and then when she's in the middle of a good laugh, say you've got to go and ask for her digits.

Personally, for me.

You've got to come up to me. Sit down and show me that you're a person that I want to be with.

You don't need to make me laugh (it's a bonus if you do) but make me smile. If you're compatible with me, it'll show no matter what you say [[within reason]]

Missed an entire part there. Here's what it should have been:

It's going to vary with each woman.

I like the "make eye contact and a little smile" and wait a few minutes, without making contact again. Then, just walk right up and talk to her like you would a friend.

@akadatank44 - I imagined it in a coffee shop, bar, out with friends at dinner, etc.

The only other time is in a store, gym, or while I'm out. lol, doubt any man is brave enough to approach me then.

I am 😏😏

• I like for them to crawl backwards on their hands hissing at me. Like this:
    cdn.shopify.com/.../Spider_top_large.jpg

• Saying hi and introducing yourself is usually a good start. Lol. Be friendly, make us laugh or if telling jokes isn't really your thing. Don't worry or start being pretentious just be yourself.

Ways I don't like to be approached by men, cat calling, being suggestive, and getting touchy feely.
    Successions of lurking around like a paedo at a playground, gawping at me and standing next to me waiting for me to take you by the hand.

• I actually Do not Care for it, although I am not Rude nor Crude.
    And as Long as they Keep their Tongues in the their Mouth and not Follow me Home, I am okay with Walking... Alone on my Own.
    Good luck and Great question, @frost1211 xx

• Um, for me? Just approach me as one would want to approach a friend. Most girls I know tend to get turned off or uncomfortable if the guy is an obvious horn dog, such as boob staring, creepy lip biting paired with uncomfortable compliments, or just overall thirsty behavior. If you approach a girl as a human being and not as a walking vag you should be fine. However every person's opinion is different. Playful flirting is okay if we're on the same page or you know that we are attracted to you, but just keep your eyes peeled for signs of nervousness or uncomfortable-ness and for the love of peet if your hilarious? Well you'll have an easier time with her letting her guard down, I hope this helps :)

• Bold and blunt as fuck.

• - Spontaneously
    - Confidently
    - Respectfully

• Friendly, honestly, and not smelling like beer/cigarettes/blunt. Compliments to let me know off the bat he's interested so we dont dance around the subject. Some confidence never hurts either :)

• Usually a joke works or a comment about our current predicament. Like a gas station you can have a sly opener about gas prices or somethin, super corny but aforable. I hate the aye girl, or hoots, I prefer to be approached like I'm a human. Be yourself, call her gorgeous not hot, compliment something she's wearing.

• well a nice friendly joke breaks the ice immediately as long as it done very smoothly :)

• just be friendly and be confident

• sweetly , in a very romantic way chocolates and flowers

• Doesn't really matter as long as you're not a total dick. It's all pretty much the same to me. You start off with a greeting, then introduce yourself and ask the girls name, compliment her, ask for her number, and then say goodbye. It's not always in that order but that's how it usually goes. Genuine nice guys and asshole guys just do it differently. For example

Genuine Nice Guy: Hi, I'm (blank). What's your name? I've seen you around here a few times before and I just wanted to let you know that you're really pretty. I've gotta go because I'm kind of in a rush, but I'd like to get to know you better, so could I get your number?

Genuine Asshole Guy: How are you doing? I'm (blank). What's your name? Damn girl, you're thicker than a snicker. I know you eat your rice and cabbages. So you gonna let me get them digits? I'll hit you up.

Both of these approaches pretty much follow the same format. The first one will probably work more on introverted, shy, good girl types. The second would proably wokr better on more promiscuous type girls. Personally, guys have tried the second approach on me and it didn't end well. Anyways the key to the approach is to let her know you're interested without looking like a creeper and get her phone number or some way to contact her. If you accomplish those goals then your approach was a success.

I know there are definitely creeps out there but is the second one really that common?

@tyber1 The second has happened to me a few times. It never worked on me, but they tried anyway.

• what do you mean approached, like to be asked out by someone you don't know or in thew case you already know each other and are being told you are liked by a guy

What Guys Said 4

• i like to approach women like this you need
    duct tape :)
    chloroform :p
    some cuffs and ropes :>
    a van with black windows 3:)
    this should work :p :p :p

• You gotta break the ice firstly.

• Being simple and very straight to the point is the best.

Oh and make sure it's a surprise for her. If she sees it coming then she might get turned off.

Girls love suprises.

• Most of them like a firm grab on the ass accompanied by mysoginist sexual advances