Do you believe in fate (as in love and relationship)?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• No fate isn't real. It's an idea people made to make life less stressful.
    Ex: "whether or not I do this , it's my fate... Less worrying"

You determine "outcome" with choices

Most Helpful Guy

• Sort of!!! But it might be more of a preset mind sort of thing. In my mind I believe I've met he girl I'm suppose to be with. Like I know it. But can that be fate? Or is it just my desire running wild you know haha?

What Girls Said 10

• I believe God takes and puts certain people in your life for reason.

• I believe in fate

• Yeah I think so

• Kinda.

• Not anymore. When I was younger and more optimistic about love and relationships I did. At this point since I've never been in a relationship, I don't.

Since I've been in one and it failed even though it felt fated, I don't :)

• yes totally

• yes i do

• yes I do

• I really really want to.

• Determinism yes, fate no

What Guys Said 8

• No it's nothing but stupid bullshit?

Dating just simply means experiencing with other people and learning about them?

Nothing to do with love or fate, and you're about 18-24? How do you even know what love is?

When half of the people who end up getting married at that age because of stupid Fateful believing bullshit end up divorcing in about a year!

Unless if you're living together as a couple, and is paying or sharing the finances and insurance, and then go out on dates; then that is love!

• No.
    I'm very happy with my wife and I think she's the best one (for me) . But I know I could have been happy with any of two or three girls I knew back then. (not counting those I didn't know at that moment)
    No fate needed, mainly good will on both sides.

• Kinda...

I think think things happens based on prior events and conditions. That given a scenario with those exact same variables that there is no other way it could have happened. Same with our actions, if given the same scenario with our same emotiinal state and same prior life experiences then we act in the way we were predetermined to based on those factors.

• http://www.livescience.com/19213-free-fate.html

If you been based on something like that, sort of.

If you mean 'ONE TRUE LOVE', no.
    High divorce rates, low relationship lengths.
    Not to mention odds are, your perfect 'living' match may be in another country, in a world with 7 billion+ people.

• I believe in free choice and responsibility for actions.

• Not sure, because predetermination doesn't make objective sense, but lately I have been super lucky even when I was unlucky. So weird!

• In a way.

• man creates his own destiny