I'm falling hard for this guy but I'm sensitive and afraid of rejection?

I worked so hard to build a bullet-proof self-esteem but now It has started to crumble like a fragile piece of glass. I'm feeling vulnerable and unworthy of being loved. He is a very nice guy but I'm afraid he may not reciprocate the strong feelings I have for him. We are neighbors and our families are very close. We go on vacations together and I'm good friends with his sisters. I apologize for being so dramatic lol but my emotions are pretty heightened right now. I'm not hideous. I have been told I'm cute by few people. But I'm afraid I might not be his type physically. I starting to wallow in self-pity. The way I look is beyond my own control.

What Guys Said 2

• Br brave and post a picture of yourself so we can know what you're talking about.

There is no universal standard of beauty. What a tiny sample of people think won't determine my attractiveness.

• I would say just muster up the courage and go for it. I don't know about other guys, but I like a woman who can stand up for herself. What's the worst that can happen? If he says no, then you will probably be sad for a while, but then you'll know that he just isn't the one for you. Look around some more, and you'll find someone who likes you back.

What Girls Said 1

• Sweetie it's not about looks. You could be the prettiest girl on the planet but if he's not into u he's not... I recently went through a similar thing... I liked this guy and even posted about it on here.. he showed all the signs of liking me back but turns out he's was using me for rides phone cards back rubs etc... moral of my story is if he likes you for you it isn't about looks. I'm sure ur beautiful and if he doesn't make you feel as such then it's not worth ur time and emotions.