I want to be a single mom and find a sperm donor online. How do I tell that to my family?

I want to start a family in few years but I don't want a boyfriend or a husband. I can easily find thousands of sperm donors online and get impregnated. I don't know how to explain my decision to my family but I know my friends will be supportive.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you´re alone and bitter, you should get a cat, not a baby. this sounds exaggerated harsh and i don´t know your actual personal reasoning but why would you intentionally put a child through a suboptimal life without having a father figure? having a child isn´t about you. it´s about the child.

I'm not bitter or alone. I want to experience the joys of motherhood but haven't met anyone compatible. I know tons of successful people who have been raised by a single or widowed mother.

@AperolSpritz i´m not denying, that a single parent "can" raise a child properly. i´m just saying that the chances that it doesn´t work out that well are high. plus it´s usually not a situation that people intentionally get into and i don´t think this should be standard.

sperm donors are usually meant for parents where the guy is infertile, who still wish to have a child.

@AperolSpritz it´s not an illegal thing but i just don´t agree with it. maybe you are able to perfectly rise a child. i don´t know that but i still think a child should have a dad, if possible and not be robbed of the father figure, just because you were selfish and wanted a child.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have thoroughly researched the life of a single mother and parenting responsibilities and you're doing it for the right reasons, not just "I don't wanna deal with someone else", then tell your parents it's a decision you've thought through and are happy with and you'd appreciate their support. However I suggest adoption because you would be helping a child without a family rather than bringing another one into the world who you know won't have a father.

What Guys Said 8

• "I'm going to be a single mom and I'm getting my sperm from a sperms donor online and I don't care what you think" on a personal note I think you're selfish denying the child a father

• Here is what you should say, "Mom, dad, I have something to say. I am going to do the dumbest, stupidest thing I have every done in my life. It is going to make my life a financial mess and it is going to screw up some kid's life too!"

Start with that.

• Just don't do it. You're young enough to wait for the right guy.

• We don't have to do the donating online. In person is preferred.

• I can't live with a good conscience and tell u the answer.

• An amazon baby huh? Just tell them you are a prime member... All these special benefits...

• wait hold your breath and go watch jennifer lopez movie about this

• You should just get a boyfriend. A child needs both parents.

What Girls Said 4

• I think your making this decision to quickly, I bet you will meet guy down the road who you will want to have children with cause raising a kid alone is hard work and takes tons of effort. So you should really think this through again.

• Just tell them you don't want a boyfriend or a husband, but you want children. Then you throw in the part about sperm donation. Tell them that is how you want to have kids.

• Tell your parents you are an independent woman and single motherhood would be a rewarding experience for you.

• Just be honest tell them how you feeling.
    But my advice is your child must have a father too.
    I think you are being very selfish right now you don't want a boyfriend, husband that's your wish. Your child will need a father figure. You going to have a baby then you need to look for what's best for THE BABY not you.