Could you date an Atheist?

I'm an Atheist for now. I was raised Catholic, but then in high school I started to question things and one things led to another, and now if anyone asks, I say I am an Atheist. I'm pretty open minded though, and if I was in a serious relationship with someone, I would be open to exploring their religion and possibly converting.

I've never really had a problem with dating and my religion. I always express how I'm willing to learn about their religion, and I always respect their beliefs.

So would you date an Atheist? If you were dating someone and they were great and then you found out they were an Atheist, would that be a deal breaker for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would because I am an Atheist. If I was dating someone and they were very religious though that might be a deal breaker. Truth to tell it's one of those situations I hope I never have to face EVER. I could never go back to religion but I don't know if I could fake a conversion and live a lie. I also grew up Catholic too. I don't preach my beliefs but if people ask my opinion I give it. I try not to be smug about it and I know changing your beliefs is a long, hard process but I don't know if I could ever get really serious with a girl who was really into religion.

What Guys Said 9

• I would, but I'm one myself so that probably doesn't count ;)

• Being an atheist myself, I'd have absolutely no issues dating a girl who believes the same.

• I'm an agnostic, so no, no issues for me but it is pretty easy being who I am.

• Sure, it wouldn't be ME that's going to hell anyways

(just kidding)

• i am an athiest and I have only had a good long realationship with another atheist

so stay true to what you belive and mister right would come along, (or mrs right) however you roll

• Yeah definately, I'm agnostic myself, meaning I just don't really care or believe in anything. I think its more of a deal breaker if girl is really religious, then I couldn't date her

• I don't think it's too big of a deal. If you're from the contemporary west it doesn't matter. With the exception of fundamentalists, many of us make adjustments.

• I only date athesists.

• Its not a deal breaker. you can't change someones belief nor do I want to. I don't have a problem with it.

What Girls Said 0