Going on a group date I'm not sure I want to go on, how do I act?

So my friend has a boyfriend, and he has a friend who just so happens to have a crush on me. I've only ever talked to him a few times, and he's not the type of guy I would usually be attracted to, but my friend some how convinced me to go on a double date with him and her/her boyfriend. I figured why not just give it a chance? So I am, but I don't know how to act? I'm not even sure I like him so I don't even know how to act? i don't want to lead him in any direction I just want things to be nutral so I have time to figure out how I feel about him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, these double dates where you're the one that's on kinda a blind date... but not really are always awkward.

The best way to approach this is by not expecting much. At worst your friend will never ask you to do this again if it goes bad. At best you hang out with someone mildly interesting.

Maybe meet her there and take your car or something. Have an escape plan if they ditch this guy on you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're right with going along with it and trying to have fun. If nothing else you might make a new friend?

What Guys Said 4

• There is no such thing as a group date. A date is people spending romantic time together, so unless you're some creepy weird polyarmorous group that plans on having a big orgy together afterwards, then it's not a date.

It's a hangout with friends, that's it. Go, hangout with your friends, have fun, and if you meet someone you like you can give him your number and you guys can go out on a real date, right then or in the future, but as long as there is more than two people it is not a date.

• The guy is probably thinking the exact same things. Just act naturally. Be polite. If your friend has half a clue, she won't leave you alone with the guy unless you let her know that you are good.

• Go out and have a good time. Obviously you don't have to act like he's your boyfriend. Go out and see what happens. Worst case it's just a fun night out and he's not your type after all.

• You can decline going to the date... it's not necessary to do it

What Girls Said 0