Why would a guy start a conversation with a girl and not continue it?

This guy always comes up to me at parties and starts talking to me. Then after a while, he'll seem to lose interest in the conversation and walk away. But he always initiates conversations. Is he not interested in me at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope see I start a conversation with a lady!. But after few exchange of dialog I don't want to block her space!.. So I don't force her into conversation!.. So if you are interested in talking to me you need to show me that interest!.. And continue the conversation with enthusiasm!.. So I can clearly see you are interested and happy to spend time with me!..
    Because the last thing we want to do it!.. Come like a over possessing manly Jerk..
    We all guys start conversation!.. A few words,.. And then we slow down and stop waiting for you to step up.. So it's like a animalistic way of saying I am open right now!.. It's your choice as I like you and I don't want to drag you into this!.. And I am being a gentleman!..

Hm. I showed interest though and he seemed to go away. This happened several times

But I like keep asking questions and stuff and he seems like less interested and just walks away!

Don't be much chatting!.. Look in the yes and show interest and if he walked away then he wasn't Interested

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Sometimes it could be that he has confidence at first and then loses it to shyness, or he's simply being nice. Ever met a man that you know wants to kiss you but keeps backing off out of nerves, same thing but less serious. Try asking him out if you're interested, or approaching him and starting the conversation. You may be surprised at the change in demeanor.

• Are you contributing to the conversation? Asking him questions, talking about different things? I actually run into this fairly often with girls, or I did a couple years ago, girls my age have learned how to interact a little better. I'll be talking to a girl that was smiling at me across he room, is obviously attracted to me, but will say very little throughout the conversation to the point where I'm like- ok, I'm just going to leave. If this guy keeps talking to you even though you are barely ctributing, he's only looking for sex, so the fact that he walks away should tell you he's mature enough to want to find a relationship.

• Maybe he is. Dont get me wrong, but sometimes you girls amke it hard to keep the conversation going. Its frequently out of pure awkwardness, sometimes pure lack of interest, but many women practically talk as if they're answering a questionnaire. It all becomes dull after a while, you can't stop thinking how you fucked up in some way, and it feels really awkward. The fact that he's trying means he wants to talk more, but that doesn't imply on any interest. Have you considered responding a bit and seeing what he'll do?

• Not enough information. He "working the room" probably. When it come to parties, I tried to go and talk to everyone. Social networking and all dat.

• Maybe he's getting nervous or he runs out of things to say.

• Small talks maybe, stupid habit it's all fake interest lol, or maybe he likes you but doesn't know what to say, does he do the same with others? that's probably your clue

Yeah I don't know I've seen him do it to other girls but only pretty ones. He also looks at me a lor

Maybe it's a habit he has or maybe he likes you, it's not clear at all, wait and see what he does or try to move things forward with him

• It's called "working the room." Lovely as you surely are to talk to, there's only so much to be said, and other people to meet.

• Are you adding anything to the conversation? Are you not asking things about him?

• Probably because you don't give him input or your own opinion, or do you just stand their and look like an idiot!

• Either he is just being friendly or he likes you but feels he gets no response from you.

• He's unsure. Maybe unsure if he actually stands a chance

• lost interest? Or just a playboy

• Because he is uninterested.

• He's trying to show that he acknowledged u that's probably it. Nothing happening there

• Conversation dies, you could just be a friend or... it doesn't move to you showing you're interested and he's thinking.. she's not that interested and there's a bunch of other chicks here I could have a chance with!

• Got bored during

• He'd try and find a topic which she'd be interested in

• he is shy

• Tried flirting with you - got no response he could see. Got bored and left.

What Girls Said 0