Is three months too soon to ask for commitment?

We both agreed to take things slow and get to know one another, then things got tested when his sister went into hospital for a serious illness. He gave me the option of leaving, but I supported him and now things are slowly improving with his sister. I didn’t see him for nearly a month whilst this was going on, but we stayed in touch. When I saw him after three weeks, I stayed over at his and we slept together for the first time. I felt ready, as I’d formed a bond with him, but before we did the deed I said I didn’t want to this to complicate things. He just told me that in this situation (hypothetically speaking) things can either become better or worse.

Fast forward a month later, and we’re still great. I don’t see him very often due to him wanting to spend time with his family, and we’ve been on dates out where you can’t have sex (meals, etc) but we have slept together a few more times. Nevertheless, there’s been no mention if we’re official or not. I feel really strongly about him and I don’t want to pressure him, especially with what’s happened recently with his sister but I want stability.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah enough for bf-gf relationship but not like fiance or marriage..
    And 3 months like you are spending daily 2-3hrs with each other

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you still don't see each other too often, I would still be hesitant to ask for a commitment. If you were regular, then 3 months wouldn't be too soon. I guess it depends on how you think he feels about you as in what he's like around you when you're together. Sometimes you just know when it's right.

What Guys Said 3

• I think 3 months are perfect

• 3 months is not to soon, I guess the both of you taking things slow

• Not too soon at all.

What Girls Said 2

• 3 months isn't too soon only but you guys want to go slow (yet you guys slept together after 3 weeks already which makes no sense for going slow) and he has family problems so..

Thanks for your opinion - but we slept together two months after we first met each other. Sorry for the confusion. It was after his sister was getting better after coming out of hospital and I didn't see him for nearly a month.

Ahh ok. So not too soon

• Just talk to him about it or act more distant and see what he does