How to deal with a boyfriend who never carries enough cash and u have to pay the bills every time?

Me and my boyfriend have been going out since 6months. And share a great bond. The only problem being that I have to pay bills everytime cuz he never carried enough cash. Forget about "splitting" then. I end up paying for the whole date. Friends talk about how their boyfriend pays for every single thing. But here. The scenario is totally upside down. Also I can't directly discuss such things with him. Help me out!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol be open to him or go broke. A man shouldn't do that 50-50 is fine by me but 100% by my girl no fucking way that is not cool at all. Just one time dont carry cash tell him you forgot and ask him to spend some for a chanhe

Most Helpful Girl

• "I need help, but I can't talk to him about it."

I hate it when people do this. If you're "not able" to discuss the issue and resolve it, how exactly is anybody supposed to help you?

The only real way to fix the issue is to address it, regardless of if he gets upset about it. You need to tell him that if he can't afford to split the bill (or keeps "forgetting") then the two of you aren't going out anymore. Or if it really is him "forgetting", ask him before you go anywhere if he has the cash, and make him double check.

I would just dump his ass, the whole thing just sounds embarrassing

What Guys Said 6

• why can you directly discuss it with him? that is really the only way a situation like this gets addressed.

you have to mention that you don't mind paying sometimes but you feel like it's only fair if he contributes his equal part to the financial end of things

• images2.memedroid.com/.../51d90ed3cc6ea.jpeg

You got a broke ass motherfucker. I would stop going out and staying in more tell him you don't have much money. If you can't talk to him about being a broke bastard I suggest telling him to kick rocks.

• This sucks, welcome to manhood! JK! haha!
    Yeah it sucks!, Before going out on your next date, tell him you dont have money, and if he wouldn't mind paying.
    He should be fine paying.

Try doing this next few times.

• before you go anywhere that will cost money - ask him how much he has on him. that way he can go and get more cash before you go in and have to pay.

• You damn well can discuss it with him. Deadbeat broke ass guy that he is.

Forget carrying cash, where's his debit and credit cards at?

• It is ok for you to pay if you also are in charge in the relationship. Whoever is paying most of the time should get to be in charge. Is that the case in your relationship?

What Girls Said 3

• Your boyfriend sounds like a bum bitch.

Lol just kidding. Talk to him about it, and either do less expensive things or make sure he brings enough cash with him. My boyfriend prefers to pay if money is involved but when he doesn't have it I am more than happy to pick it up. Just talk to him about it and make the necessary changes.

• if u can't discuss it with him, then ur probably night in the right relationship and maybe u should think abut ending it :/
    or dont ask to go on dates and c if he gets the hint. haha

• If he literally never pays I'd suspect that he's using you... does he make suggestions about where to go and then not have enough money for it?