Why do girls like to claim how nice they are in their dating profiles?

If you ignore me, and then you ignore me when I send you a follow-up message a week or two later (which shows you surely didn't accidentally not respond to my original message), that makes you NOT nice. You essentially are telling me you think I'm ugly, and uninteresting. Nice people don't ignore someone. That's just hurtful. If you want to ignore me fine, but don't claim you're a nice person!

Most Helpful Girl

• You try getting 50 messages a day and keeping up a conversation with everyone to be "nice". Who has that kind of time? We'd have to quit our day jobs and just sit on the dating site replying to messages all day instead. Don't take it so personally. If she doesn't reply, she's just not interested and doesn't want to waste your time or string you along either - that's nice of her.

I am different! and more persistent!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol girls like that tend to not actually be nice

What Girls Said 1

• Same reason guys do I guess?

What Guys Said 3

• lol the only thing I could think of is that 14561244 guys hit on them that they just get tired of actually responding, that's just my guess

• Because all of that "nice guy" crap which they yammer on about non-stop is them projecting their own psyches and thought processes onto men. The average nice guy is a genuinely nice person- the average "nice girl" is a fake and a fraud who's using her 'niceness' as a means to better manipulate people into believing her and doing whatever she says. That's just what they're all like- not a single genuinely nice 'good girl' in the bunch.

• That's an interesting way of looking at it