How do I make a man commit to me?

The sex is passionate and he's loving but how do I make sure he asks me to be his girlfriend and isn't seeing anyone else?
We met on a dating app recently

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great question and in my opinion there really isn’t any one specific thing you can do to ‘make’ a guy be committed to you or ask you to be his girlfriend. You just have to be yourself, communicate with the one you’re with about your feelings and desires; you know be open about them and don’t be shy and try to hide what they are, and keep the hope he’ll reciprocate and feel the same way about you in the end and decide for himself to be committed to you and, in your case, as you to be his girlfriend.

It has been my experience that when you try to force something or make something happen you’ll almost always never get the result you’re looking for. Something will go wrong and all your efforts will backfire on you. My best advice is to just be yourself, show him how much you desire him, being affectionate with him and towards him, and just let nature take its course. Don’t attempt to force the issue, make him feel something he’s not ready for, or try to trick him into doing something he’s not wanting.

I realize the heart will want what the heart wants and we would all like to believe the person we’re with desires us over anyone else, and if that is so in your case, it will happen when its ready to happen, but again, if you attempt to force the issue or try to make something that isn’t ready to be what you want it to be, then there’s a good chance the end result will not be what you truly wanted.

Instead, again, just be yourself. Be patient. Don’t over extend. Communicate with him how you feel and let him know you’re open to the idea of a committed, exclusive, relationship with him, and then let your relationship progress normally as they should. Hopefully, he’ll feel the same way and you’ll get what you’re after, or he may not be ready, but either way you will have done all you could to pave the way to the outcome you want as best you can and in the end that’s all you really can do, in my belief.

❤️💗❣❤️💗

You've been so kind to me mwin2030 I appreciate it I'm seeing him last time tonight I asked him out to talk in person. I will ask him if he has any real feelings for me and I won't force him to commit but if he doesn't appreciate me then I will say goodbye and leave

And I believe your course of action is for the best in my opinion. You are displaying a great deal of maturity in taking this approach. A person can't be forced into feeling what they don't feel and being open and honest with him directly about your own feelings and desires is the best you can do and then see what happens from there, and as you say if he doesn't appreciate you then you need to move on and let him go. And, again, don't take the rejection personally if that's what happens. You did the best you can. Try to take solace in that.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can never make a man committed to somebody he has not given his heart to. He is more and likely seeing somebody else and only have you as a hookup. Itso just sex. Sex is sex to a man him while sex after a while becomes nothing to Woman , because itshe just used for pleasure or to try to keep a man outside of marriage. Don't fall for a delusion. Men only connect to sex outside of marriage unless by choice. And if even its by choice. Its hard to rewire that part of a man who has been sexual with multiple women.

What Guys Said 12

• You can't. Him commiting is his choice not yours so you can never make him commit and any attempt to do so will simply have the opposite result. The goal is making him want to be with you at which point he will then want to commit however if your simply putting on an act the moment you stop he will leave so the only logical thing for you to do is continue doing what ever it is your doing make sure he knows your interested in more then sex with him be good to him and show affection and then hope he is interested in more.

• You can't. If you met on a dating app, he is 100% for sure seeing other people. This is especially the case if you met on a dating app recently and are already having sex.

It's too risky for most men to see one girl at a time when meeting on dating apps, from an emotional point of view. Any guy who dates online knows that girls are constantly trading up, leaving one guy for the next better guy. This has left a lot of unhappy guys.

Most guys who date online, such as myself, would never see just one person because it is simply not smart. For every one girl who is willing to commit to a guy, such as yourself, there are 20 girls who are willing to trade a guy in for someone who they perceive as "better".

Source: OkC/Tinder Serial Dater

Hope this helps!

• You can't. Just keep things going, treat him lovingly and respect him, and, if he's looking for a committed relationship, it will probably happen.

• When will you people learn, you can't get anyone to 'commit' to you. Only they can choose that. There is no magical bottle of goo that gives you that edge.
    Oh and while we're at it there is no Santa... anymore... sorry kids. >.>

• You can't

• Be worthy of being committed to for starters. And then commit yourself to him. If he doesn't then perhaps it's not meant to be

• It's Impossible. Someone will commit if they want to and anyone who is forced into doing so will be resentful and doom any commitment

• If you are keeping him satisfied in bed, you shouldn't have to worry about him seeing anyone else. If you can learn to cook, you are golden

• just ask him to be your boyfriend.

• if you have to make somebody commit, its not going to work

• Tell him what kind of relationship you want.

• How recent did you meet him?

What Girls Said 6

• Straight up ask him. Do you like me? Would you ever cheat on me? If you do, you can go straight to hell

• The trick is to make him believe that he is the one who needs to make YOU commit to HIM. Play the chill card. Dont obsses over this neither put pressure on him with a shit load of "what are we" talk. However, now and then u subtly remind him that you are not in a exclusive relationship (aka make him jealous of other guys). If he likes you, this should be enough for him to want to commit and make it oficial. Be very cautious tho as this can easly back fire on you if he realizes what ur doing. Most guys find this classic move a huge deal breaker. If this doesn't work, dump him on spot for u are just a booty call. Best of luck

Also, dont believe for a second in this "the heart wants what it wants" BS. You want it, you take it girl.

@Scriven From my experience, men in general enjoy women that listen and pay attention to his bitching. In his eyes you will be more than a booty call, you will be perceived as a partner. And this, luv, is exactly what our sweetie asker's heart wants. First you BE the girlfriend and then u get the title.

@Asker
      "First you BE the girlfriend and then u get the title" sounds like good advice maybe call him your guy or something as well see how he reacts?

There is an old proverb i just made up that says
      "What you are matters a lot more than what your called" also some very wise words i would say!

• Hmmmm let's see... you can't. Lol in less he WANTS to commit.. you want a man that wants to commit to you, not a man that's forced into it. The only way to know is to ask, ask him if he wants a relationship or if this is a non serious thing and if he's keeping his options open or not. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

• You can't "make" anyone do anything.

• "i kinda scared him away he said he's not looking for commitment or a relationship its too soon he can't promise anything =["

Said in your reply to somebody else. I think by your age, you can know what that means. In fact, it's not really like he tried to say it in a round about way. He's literally told you he just wants what it is right now and he doesn't want to commit to you.

• Awesome question, although there's not much you can do besides be yourself and wish for the best. Don't pretend to be someone you're not, guys are totally turned off from that. There's no way you can "make" someone commit to you. I wish you the best of luck!