Would girls into fitness be open to dating guys who don't have muscular physiques?

I don't have a muscular physique and I am interested in a girl who is really into fitness. She lifts and even takes part in fitness contests around the country. Thank god she isn't too muscular though otherwisw it would become physically unattractive in my eyes.

3mo Fyi, I do take care of myself. I even go to the gym myself sometimes. I'm in shape. I'm just not a fitness freak who lives in the gym. And I'm not super jacked like these instagram dudes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been at both ends of the health spectrum, if you will.

I've been overweight (from just not growing up knowing portion control), to deciding to get healthy and start training.

My physique right now is considered athletic (not a bodybuilder physique though)... I guess my physique is kind of like the girl you described.

When I was overweight/obese (I'm talking about 60 lbs over a healthy weight), I pretty much had the mentality that I'd be lucky if anyone was interested in me. I wasn't confident at all, so I never dared to even dream of dating a man who was physically fit.

Now, having an athletic build and not being overweight, I think just because the lifestyle I live, I'd prefer to date someone who is also athletic --he doesn't necessarily have to have a muscular physique, he just has to be able to keep up with or match my lifestyle (and vice versa). I'm not talking about gym rats either; he just has to have a weekly and consistent fitness schedule/routine.

What Girls Said 25

• Possibly, but it would take a really great guy if he doesn't take care of himself.

I'm more interested in this girl you described. Would she be interested in me? :P

• You can't afford to have so high standards when you can't bring high standards into the game.

I don't know how to answer this question tbh. It depends on the person. But you have to understand why some fit girls would reject you if you make zero effort for your fitness.

I don't think wanting to date a fitness chick is having high standards though. I don't even like fitness chicks but me and this girl just clicked from the get go.

• I dont like skinny guys with no muscles - their bones snap too easy when you chain them up.

• I'm into weightlifting (not very excessively, just to build those nice, feminine curves) and my fiancee isn't - it doesn't bother me that much, what matters to me is who he is character-wise. I never go for looks - sure, it's the first impression and the first factor, but the least fit guy could be the best partner.

Weightlifting is not a lifestyle for me, it's a hobby I do a few times a week to feel and look - perhaps for girls who think of it as a lifestyle might want a man who is into that too.

• I'm into fitness and I compete and dance. And I dated still dating guys not into fitness. But I don't like it if he started complaining about my body, getting bulky or too lean, cause that's what fitness is all about, and I also don't like it if he started complaining of me hanging out with fitness guys. Other than that you'll be fine

• Yes. I no longer weight lift and when I did it was a struggle but I did get somewhere with it. My struggle is because of a muscle condition I have.

I've even been with chubby people and short people. Even thin and tall people. Some weight lifted, some didn't, some were extroverts and wild and wacky while others were quiet introverts.

• I am pretty into fitness and i definitely dont need a guy as into it as I am - but I do have a fair number of friends who are in the fitness world who wouldn't date a guy that also isn't pretty into it. So you just never know. Everyone is different!

• I'm a girl very into fitness and I refuse to date someone who doesn't take care of themselves, that's unattractive and a total deal breaker for me.
    But everyone is different so who knows.

then why do u like avan jogia?

@sattepesutta1 are you saying he's in bad shape? Because I hope you realise that's ridiculous. I actually don't "like him" though, I just think he has a good face.

actually on second thought, he isn't in bad shape, he is just ottermode, not building muscle but still in good shape

• It depends. If the guy takes care of himself then yes you would be considered an opinion. Hate guys who don't look after themselves :/

Unasked for but couldn't resist young lady - 'hate' is a very strong sentiment. Hate something & you tend to think of it all the while thus it becomes you & you wind up becoming it thus it's not surprising that people wind up choosing something they actually hate 😊

• LOL you better look like this.
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...in-m-37_1433084364109.jpg

To get with a girl that looks like this.
    bfit4lifebootcamp.com/.../women.jpg

• I don't think that someone for whom fitness is a big part of their life would be into someone who's not also into it.

• Funny enough my boyfriend could have written this... I am 41 and size 10 after 3 kids, down the gym 4 times a week, eat healthily. He is the COMPLETE opposite... no gym... drinks quite a bit.. smokes... but we are crazy for each other so that stuff doesn't matter 😍

Exactly what I said, it's all individual choice & this is chemistry ❤️💕

• Sure, why not, but only if I like him.

• A blob of a couch-potato who looks like Jabba The Hut would never be able to keep up with me.

I can't speak for all fit women, but speaking for myself fitness is a big part of my life. My husband is also very fit - a runner, swimmer, & an Army reserve officer. We enjoy a very active life together!

• It depends.. Do you work out and have a healthy lifestyle?

• Anything is possible.

• Depends on the girl really, she may or may not care.

• That's possible yeah
    I'd be happy if you'd do sports. You don't have to have muscular physiques to be doing sports

• Maybe maybe maybe

• You have to have things in common. It's not necessarily about the physique but rather would you be interested in going with her to the gym to workout together?

• I don´t think she would open to date a fat man. She works a lot to look better, probably she is looking someone liker her o sort of.

• Yes as long as you're not too lazy and go to the gym sometimes in a week

• It depends. If he has somewhat of a similar lifestyle like me, then I would be open to dating him.

• It's very possible. However, why are you only looking to date fit girls?

• Are you fit and active? Similar lifestyles matter.

I'm fit, not fat or overweight or anything. And I stay active by playing sports. Whereas she spends most of her free time in the gym.

If you both enjoy being active, that's a good start. You may find you can share activities or even try new ones together.

What Guys Said 18

• Well buddy when you have a choice to like someone by how less muscular but fit she is, girls have similar choices too - this answers your question from one angle

The other one is yes there are girls that will like guys less muscular & not so toned depending on chemistry even if not by the way you make your choice 😊 it's an individual thing

• Yeah but you won't be their first choice. Also they might be more critical of you in other areas, ie. Wealth or personality.

• I know a girl who runs marathons who is married and has two kids with a guy who is more of a beer and burgers kind of dude.

• Most probably wouldn't. Women typically like men who are superior.

• good question ther'es this girl who i swear she's even more pumped than me and she's sexy as hell
    UUUUUUURRRGGGHHH

• if fat or terribly out of shape probably not

i work out and wouldn't date anyone whos let themselves go. were only getting older

• No, most have even higher requirements than women in general. And even women who don't work out have obscenely unrealistic standards for a guys physique.

So basically, if you aren't on steroids you have no chance.

• Lmao u mean like Herbalife chicks?

• I've definitely seen some girls that are into fitness go out with complete slobs and they aren't rich. It probably helps, I guess.

• Hopefully you at least go to the gym and actually workout.

• Of course, different girls are in to different types.

• Doesn't matter what they're into, Anon... Being a man means taking. You know, don't give em a choice.

• sometimes opposites atract. but some fittness girls like fitness guys. sometimes like attracts like

• if you are a nice talkative person thats possible

• you never know I used to go to this gym and not over weight but don't really have a gym body and I still meet girls there and some of them were above average looking , I was surprised by how I could manage to meet there

• probably not, since they wouldn't have anything in common, though stranger things HAVE happened

• Very low chance. Girls in fitness very often gravitate to guys with same lifestyle and who have way better physique than them currently.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/CfZQiFf.jpg

They would go for guys like these more often than not than a skinny twig. However, your chances to get a fitness girl can increase greatly if u gots lot of money.

• I don't know man, people like that are usually really into that lifestyle and look for partners that share that.

Other examples:
    -Women that are really into tattoos and piercings.
    -Women that ride motorcycles.
    -women that listen to are REALLY into anything country.

What's your deal? are you funny and/or moderately attractive? If you're tall-ish and lanky you're fine.