Can ignoring/avoiding a girl make her interested?

So I've been talking to this one girl for about a week and it seems as if though she's not really interested in a relationship. We text often and we speak to each other at school. I always make her laugh and smile but she just doesn't seem to want to do anything with me outside of school. Her friend thinks that she's not really looking for a relationship at the moment and im starting to think the same. Can ignoring her text make her want me more and if so to what extent. Is it still good to talk to her at school and just ignore texts or should i all around avoid her until she contacts me? I really like this girl and she seems to enjoy my company as well! If you have any advice i greatly appreciate it!!

What Girls Said 1

• Not unless she is 14 or 15 and even then it might not happen.

What Guys Said 2

• Always take the high road... do not ignore her it will backfire. Keep being friendly, be yourself and smile a lot. I would give it some more time and then ask (don't text) her to go on a date. You will never know till you ask her. But the key is to be yourself and act interested. Hang in there we all have been in your shoes!! Your thoughts?

Yeah. Her and her friends love my company at lunch and i make them laugh a ton. Just gotta stay in the ring i guess

You have the right attitude! Please don't ignore her thinking that she will text you. She may not be ready for a relationship yet. Be her friend first and see what happens. Till then take care of your own sexual needs if you know what I mean.

• Weirdly enough in my experience there is some correlation in ignoring and her be interested... Obviously there's all sorts of nuances and it depends on the girl