What types of rejections have you dealt with?

I've seen them all over the place, it's actually kind of like a funny memorial in my mind now. I'm sure those in the dating scene have experienced a good amount of rejection, so we're in the same boat here. However, I would like to think we at least acted maturely in person. Behind doors, bawl your eyes out, jump in frustration, do whatever it takes to get it out of your mind.

On topic: The ones I've experienced the most (I blame this on my age where a lot of people are insecure about themselves) are on the lines of 'I don't know,' which is more annoying than telling a person straight up. I have gotten straight answers of 'No,' which saves a lot more time and is clear. The weirdest one I got was when a girl rejected me simply because I was "too tall for her." That took me off guard, but I actually laughed at that one.

Most Helpful Girl

• My friend tried to set me up with her coworker who apparently thought I was cute. We go on a few dates and he texts me a lot. I start to like him.

It's then winter break and I go home from college. I tell my parents I'm seeing someone and they're happy for me. He texts me halfway through break, telling me that he just wants to be friends. Oh... ok www.relatably.com/.../Sad-Meme-Face-10.png

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I've been rejected at least several hundred times, maybe a thousand.

None of them stung because I always asked girls out before I developed any feelings before, "Hey, she's pretty." I actually got to the point where I enjoyed the whole process of chatting with a girl and asking her out even if she rejected me. I could laugh it off if they rejected me and I developed this easy-going approach to it where I could still be friends with the girl sometimes even if she rejected me and then end up asking the female friends she introduces to me out on a date the same way I asked her. :-D

The worst ones were maybe like girls saying "fuck off". One time a girl got a bouncer to try to escort me out of a bar, only the bouncer and I started joking and he gave me a high-five and gave me his number to hang out since he heard me telling the girl that she had a nice rack (I was a bit drunk) and thought it was hilarious. Then the girl kind of noticed I was getting popular with the staff and then changed her mind and started acting much more friendly towards me, so that wasn't so bad.

Half the rejections I've probably forgotten since I was often intoxicated at the time.

What Girls Said 8

• I've been ghosted. I've been cursed at and accused and lied to (all by the same person). And I've been friend zoned. Just those three that I can recall.

• The one i like is best is when I tell the guy I am looking for a long term relationship and as he has only three months left to live it would not work for us. And when he looks suprised I say "What!! The doctor has not told you yet?"

• Job rejections, College rejections and recently a guy tried to put me in the friendzone after having some sharing some intimate moments... so yeah... I have faced a lot of rejections...

• Nobody rejects me because I don't ask for what isn't possible.

• I model part time so being rejected for bookings/castings is normal.

• none

• Job rejections. They think I"m lying when I say I'm 16 and legal to work half the time.

• A guy who has mutual feelings rejected me because we both can't be together.

What Guys Said 11

• The classic "I have a boyfriend excuse". Straight up cold shoulders/silent treatment. Or hearing that she "just want's to be friends" through a mutual friend.

One time at a bar this girl was sitting on the edge of a patio where I was posted at on the dance floor, easily could have fell off with the slightest shift in balance if she wasn't careful. I don't remember exactly what I said to her but it was along the lines of "that doesn't look safe" or "you must be an acrobat". She then proceeded to put her hand in my face and shut me down. I asked her what her deal was because I didn't approach with any type of intentions at all but small talk. She then for whatever reason told me she had a boyfriend (even though I saw her talking with MAD dudes in a drunken haze). Lmao. Maybe the music was to loud for her to hear I don't know.

• Being told by a girl that she wanted someone older, more experienced, and dominant the night after I gave her a mega orgasm fingering her. We couldn't have proper sex cause my meds fuck up my dick so I can't get hard sometimes. She knew I was a virgin for a while too so I was like wtf? You knew I wasn't older, experienced, and dominant from the start.

• For job rejections, I've been told I'm not experienced enough and this is for ENTRY LEVEL positions wtf.

As far as rejections with women, it's either been ghosting/flaking or them beating around the bush which have varied from "youre the nicest guy, but I didn't feel the spark" "I thought I was over my ex but I'm not" "sorry I'm not looking to date" "I'm skeptical of meeting people online"

• I hate those where you ask her out and she says she'll let you know when she's free. And then you wait for eternity.

What hapened to me once was a girl asked me out, we agreed for next Saturday and then Friday evening I ask to confirm time and she just said she can't in the Saturday and it was left there. Worst thing ever.

• Obviously in the dating arena, being male, I've had my share of rejections (despite being a tall, dark, handsome, rugged, blue-eyed blonde of non-threatening stature).

But I've been rejected from a job for being male (I couldn't even get an interview), I have had an application for adult learning turned down because the grant was only for females only (they had an exclusion for male discrimination in law), I have applied for equivalent cancer care to women from the NHS but to say I was laughed at would not be too far from the truth.

Obviously, as a male, I have been brought up to expect women to have more and better care than me but as the years go by and I hear more and more about equality, I do wonder why I am rejected so much for trying to get some of it.

• I'm not super direct with people when it comes to asking them out. Kinda ease my way into their heart. If it doesn't work out all goods.

Haven't been rejected before.

• i think all kind of rejections.

• Trick question, I've never been rejected.

• wtf, how tall are you?

• if u go on the internet, the most common answer actually... The only answer you will find when typing 'i am not ready for a relationship just yet' is move on. So when my girlfriend did that to me the internet f me up. I really thought she just wasn't into me which wasn't the case. We are together nowz

• every kind of rejection possible , it was a lot worse when I was younger , those were some harsh days , I don't want to list all the ways girls around here displayed there lack of interest in me back then , I remember going to this bar in town and getting shot down all the time by every girl there , none would even have anything to do with me or even give me there # , I couldn't get anything

This makes me sad, what if I end up like you too

I've meet more girls as I got older and better girls too , there were girls who would of dated me , things just didn't come together , guys often have better luck at dating as they get a bit older and more experienced. the things that happened when I was younger were truly horrible to go through , all I wanted to do was date someone and apparently that was too much to ask for back then. I should of been smart enough to realise it was a lost cause and stopped going to that bar and stopped trying to date girls from that scene cause it was truly a waste of my time , it was bad enough that I didn't even get laid , I didn't even get a phone # from any of them it was truly a massive rejection