What should I do

ok so I was on this site for dating. but after a while I discovered that majority of the people on the site only wanted to have a good time if you know what I mean. but they never wanted anything serious. so one day I was on there and this one guy messaged me and we started talking. I assumed that he we was just in it for a good time I saw on his page that he was 22 and I was a minor so I thought that might be a problem so I lied and said I was two years older than I really was. we kept talking and before I knew it . it had been a year of talking and we really started to have feelings for each other but I never thought id ever meet him. now recently we have met each other and we both have really strong feelings for each other. but the problem is that I lied about my age he things I'm 2 years older then I really am and I don't know what to do. he even told me that he wouldn't date any younger than me a while back. so I know if I tell him were gonna lose everything we have. I no I shouldn't have lied but by the time I knew it was getting serious it was too late. but I also know that eventually he might find out and I feel like I'm living this huge lie I just really don't wanna lose what we have I like this guy so much can someone please help me out here on what I should do . I need a lot of advice plz help

PLZ COMMENT THIS I REALLY NEED HELP!

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to talk to him immediately and tell him the truth. A time will come when he will find out the truth and he will be hurt and betrayed. I understand why you did what you did, however this is the reason honesty is SOOO important. I firmly believe in being honest in a relationship from day one.

I would tell him in person and be as calm as possible. Tell him that you did not mean to be untruthful, that you recognize the relationship is heading towards something potentially deeper and you care about him. Tell him this is the only time you were dishonest and it will be the last. Apologize to him very sincerely.

I wish you luck and I hope it works out!

• Yeah I know I really do wanna tell him I'm just scared of what his reaction .

i'm really worried about that

What Guys Said 3

• If he really likes you it shouldnt change his mind, I don't think it will

• If you are legal its all good he doesn't really need to know just act dumb two years, meh can't count sowe...

• Tell him the truth and that you're sorry. and take that as a lesson learned and don't do it again

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him exactly what you have posted here and if that doesn't bring him around then nothing probably will.

If you are the age listed on this site (18-24) that means you are of legal age to make sound decisions on your own. Meaning you're mature enough to know cause and affect. He should be ok with that especially if he cares as much for you as he says he does. Real love doesn't let numbers get in the way of happiness.

Best of Luck

~bnwsmile

• I did this once with a guy I was dating. we were dating a year and he ended up finding out from someone else how old I was right before I had planned to tell him. he was my best relationship and ended up leaving me saying our whole relationship was a lie because the age he thought I was, was already an issue to him. so if you really like this guy my best advice to you is that you tell him how you're feeling and your real age. but exxplain why you lied in the first place.

hope this helped :)

• i think you should be honest because if you guys really feel as strongly for each other as you do then he should forgive you and things should be okay...it may take him a little bit to get over that you lied about ur age...but trust me you could have lied about a lot worse things than ur age