*NEED ADVICE PLEASE HELP ME* I'm confused and I don't know what to do now?

To make a long story short: I broke up with my boyfriend (who, well was, my bestfriend for a very long time, we talked every second of everyday) but in a very polite way, not because I've lost interest but because it is my fault for rushing a relationship that I am not ready to be in yet. He said that he doesn't know how he feels about this but he respects and supports my decision and he loves me regardless. He then said the break up will not affect the way he treats me and that he still wants to be friends (keep in mind that even while we were dating he said that if we ever broke up, he still wants to be friends). But now when I try to have a regular conversation like we would normally have, he gives me dry responses and he's just rude. I don't know how to describe how he's acting but it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth, so I've stopped replying to him.. It's hard going from talking everyday to not talking at all and I really miss him and I'm starting to regret breaking up with him, but its what I felt I needed until I was ready for a relationship. I have things that I need to work on and I need to focus on myself 100% for a bit. I even told him that I'll let him know when I'm ready if we're both willing to try again. What do I even do in this situation? And why is he acting weird all of a sudden when he said the break up would not affect the way he treats me?

Most Helpful Girl

• He thought he wouldn't have a problem with that but as it turns out, he has. People say things -and maybe they even mean the things they say during the time they voice them-, however it turns out that things change and people no longer mean them.

What Guys Said 1

• People often say things...

What Girls Said 0