What is really so great about serious relationships?

I would love to know what is so great about serious relationships. I've never really been in one myself but I would much rather just have a friend with benefits because that is a whole lot easier and then you don't really have and problems

Most Helpful Guy

• A friends with benefits will have sex with you and then get up and leave. If you don't feel like having sex, then he doesn't feel any need to come see you. Somebody with a hotter body makes him an offer? He's already forgotten you.

A boyfriend goes to sleep with his arms around you. Feeling ill? He'll come take care of you. Feeling down? He'll come over and make stupid jokes until you laugh. Somebody with a hotter body makes an offer? He says, "No thank you; I'm in a committed relationship."

Most Helpful Girl

• I promise you that friends with benefits relationships DO have problems. Every single one of my girlfriends NEVER leaves a friends with benefits relationship unscathed. Why? Because with all of that bonding and chemicals going on, you get attached, you feel used, etc. Mind you, not every woman has this problem I'm sure, but to say they don't have problems isn't entirely true.

Serious relationships are based upon a foundation of genuine feelings and trust, where you two sort of take an unspoken oath to help each other out and not bail the minute things get hard. You can trust that this person is a fan of yours, and is going to have your back even at your worst. Assuming it's a real relationship of course.

What Guys Said 141

• You are 17, you aren't even the age fo majority, and shouldn't be fooling around anyway.

To answer your question, I'm a 35/36 years old virgin and I can't imagine actually having sex with someone that wasn't a serious relationship. The mere thought of that grosses me out. I want a blood test and a real relationship.

Well I would love that but guys just don't pay attention to me

Ironically, if you give these people, at whatever age they are now, a pop-quiz on human sexual anatomy, most of them will fail it. The 35 years old virgin will get 100%.

I scored higher on the female anatomy (100%,) at a medical technical college than 18 to 30 years old female students who had children. Got the bonus question too, was the first to finish in about a minute, and left the room.

Alright then

• There are wayy too many things that are great in a serious relationship. Its mostly having someone that is akways there for you supporting you and helping you reach your goals, someone that could potentially be your wife/husband, sex is not just sex, sex is making love to the person you love trying new things without making them freak out and telling that someone all your secrets. There's just too many things.

A friend wit benefits is someone you will share wit other poeple and you won't even know it. That person does not care about anything but sex just to please you and thats it. If you ever feel down he/she won't be there to help you feel better. That person has ine purpose and is just satisfying you and him. Unlike a serious relationship has so many positive thinks. I dated a woman for 5 years and things didn't work out so we broke it off but she said something to me that I will never forget " no friend is ever gonna be there for you like your family and your girlfriend" so you should try the serious relationship and see how it goes and you won't want to have anymore friends wit benfits.

• If you have an honest relationship based on mutual beliefs, goals, and respect, then there will be much more trust. And a far more fulfilling relationship that can help you along in life - even if sex is seldom if ever a major part of the picture.

F*buddies, on the other hand, are just there to get off on you and use you. And that's it. And just because you're not investing in them emotionally, doesn't mean they can leave you feeling empty or screw you over in other ways.

They have not and will probably never earn the right to be trusted, so why reward them with your body? Don't think friends with benefits cause problems? That's extremely naive.

Yeah I know one lady who was involved in that sort of relationship (if you can call it that). What really bothered me (and I knew about it for 4 years), was that the guy had NEVER taken her out into public, until one time after about 4 years. And then he did take her on one date and I think it was out to dinner. Now this is lady I've known for a long time and she is the quintessential pretty blonde. All of her friends were mad at her for being in this. It did cause her emotional problems and eventually it ended. // So that is one example of friends with benefits, and not a very good example at that.

• It's all about forming a connection, a bond with someone you truly love, and someone who truly loves you. It's someone who you can always depend on to be there for you in your time of need. It's those special moments, the moments that make life worth living. Those moments for only the two of you, that no one else can understand. It's having someone to talk to, to vent to, someone who gets you. Someone who comforts you. It's two people who love each other so deeply, they would put each other's needs above their own. It's knowing that no matter what life has in store for you, you'll never have to face it alone.

This is all I could think of off the top of my head, but there are a lot of things that are great about a serious relationship. But if it's not for you, it's not for you. I can't change your mind. Only time will tell.

• Your joking right?

• You will understand one day that a dick in your vagina isn't comparable to having an emotional and intimate bond.

• It depends on the person you’re asking to really get a firm idea what the deal is about a serious relationship versus just being with a friend with benefits. In my opinion one is no better than the other; it depends on what you want or desire out of life and that will dictate how you view the relationship you want.

Like you, some just want friends with benefits and don’t want to be tied down to any one person. Others want a serious relationship where they’re monogamous and they’re exclusive with that one and only person. Then again, you have serious relationships that have either an open or closed poly relationship with other couples or other close friends and on and on we go. It really just, again, depends on the person and what they want.

In general, in my experience, those we prefer a serious relationship enjoy the feeling of being the focus of just one person and sharing their life with that individual and nobody else. There is a secret language and games which go along with being with someone who knows you more than anyone else in the world. You share those secret messages and jokes they feel you don’t really get by just being with someone who is a friend with benefits or just someone you see casually on the side. That is the mentality in my view.

Yet, it is not the only one. I’m sure there are several reasons and variations as to why someone would want to be in a serious relationship rather than anything else.

• The sum total of what you get out of a serious relationship is more than you put into it. I went from the age of 28 until almost 36 having nothing but booty calls, basically a different woman every night. Some friends with benefits also. Ultimately what I discovered is that at the end of the night you are still alone, even if someone is in the bed next to you. Anything that happens in your life when you may need to lean on someone else will find you with no one to share in the need, the pain, the sorrow, or the moment of joy.

You are young yet and will eventually feel the desire for "more."

• Well you've got to understand how human psychology works before answering the question. Through principle 1 in the sociocultural level of analysis one can define humans as social animals that feel the need to 'belong' and 'fit in'. Serious relationships are the best way to ensure that someone has a secure and trusty partnership. The issue with friends with benefits is that the more time you spend with that partner, the more you will find yourself you'll infatuated pretty much falling in love. Its like an adoption. You might not necessarily have a biological relationship with the child as soon as you adopt it, but as time passes you spend more time and share memories with that person to the point where you eventually love it. Serious relationships are thus practically inevitable with time. Some advantages of serious relationships is that you for the most part you have an exclusive person to share all sorts experiences. I've also been told by girlfriends in the past that they see their boyfriends as a type of best-friend that they can share all their problems and secrets etc... So relationships are also like a place to have conversations that you might not have with your friends or family even if they are close. Hope I helped!

• Feeling in love
    A sense of security.
    If it is good, you have someone to fall back on in times of difficulty (job loss, injury, etc..). Get sick and will your friends with benefits be by your side or find 3 other girls?
    Exclusivity gives better opportunity for non-condom sex (benefit for him).
    If baby shows up, better chance of commitment vs you are on your own? not sure this is statistically true.
    Love is better than sex.

• someone who loves you and you love
    someone to share experiences with
    someone who is concerned about you and your well being and vice versa
    sex

• I think that's a loaded term "serious relationship", can mean different things to different people.

To some it could mean,
    exclusively sleeping with
    in love
    living together
    having a child together (family)

to me it's when you want to spend the rest of your life with that person and can't see yourself with anyone else. "Forever" is serious in my book.

• The companionship of a loving and loyal man/woman, makes one's life more complete.

Sex is just part of the companionship, not the epicenter.

• I am getting married here in 3 weeks, so I know some stuff about long-term, serious relationships. So, to start, some definitions: in terms of platonic relationships, comradery is largely considered the zenith. Comradery is a relationship point defined by going through a traumatic experience, such as a war or a natural disaster. In this relationship, the two individuals excercise incredible amounts of trust in each other, and very rarely have instances of betrayal been recorded between true comrades. It is the platonic equivalent of marriage.

So, with that out of the way, let's show some of the differences:

First, there is the nature of exclusivity in a romantic relationship. In the relationship, provided it is not one sided, there is a measured amount of exclusivity which is healthy and acceptable. In a platonic relationship, even a comradery, exclusivity is unhealthy and unusual.

Second, in a romantic relationship, there is the closeness that is shared that cannot be equated in platonic terms. This is because sex with someone you love causes chemical and physiological changes in your mind. Over the course of a long term relationship, this can permanently change your mind. This is especially true when the sex leads to procreation.

Lastly, platonic friendships with sexual intercourse necessarily evolves into romance. Mutual trust, respect, and fondness mixed with sex will release endorphins that will change your mind until you can't help but admit you love them.

All of this requires two-sided-ness as do every healthy relationship.

Basically, long term, loving relationships cause your brain to change, increasing your happiness in life.

• Honestly, it doesn't mean anything without finding someone you truly love. So in your case you're right. Friends with benefits would be better than getting into a serious relationship with someone you just kinda like. Or like "enough". I call those resume people.

It's like checking the boxes on specs for a car. Has a good paying job, Is a certain height, Isn't ugly, Likes dogs. It's all about the resume rather than love or who he truly is as a person and your chemistry together. If that deep connection isn't there, then fuck. Might as well get a good fuck buddy that's fun.

• Long relationships are for people who carve something deeper eventually you will get bored of the friends with benefits thing or at the very least want something more if you tell these those friends who get those benefits like deep emotional things and are constantly open about it you won't understand because at that point your own thoughts and feelings aren't sacred to you long term relationships are for people who put worth in their secrets, also sex in a deep relationship is very different you will feel something similar to nervousness because you're worried or wanting to make them feel amazing and seeing them feel good turns you on even more same case with friends with benefits but more intense like going even deeper into fetishes, the sex is more intense because it's more than just wanting to get off behind those thrusts ;3I've done both and I prefer the relationship side more because you let them know a certain fetish or a certain spot and they may not stop just to see your reaction both guys and girls are victim to this xD

• Personally I don't follow the generally accepted idea of relationships anyway, I'd rather if I need something from someone I find someone who can provide it and don't bother with trying to get everything from one person regardless of whether they're properly equipped to provide it, e. g. if I want emotional support I have multiple friends for that, if I feel like I need sex I might then have a person/people I can hook up with, if I'm bored and just want to hang out I may have people I can do that with, these people might overlap, I just don't really want to decide "You must provide me with all these things, if you cannot then I must either reject the things you can provide or go without the things you can't". I wouldn't really say I'm after a friend with benefits although I suppose if I could have it the way I wanted and it was taken care of by one person people probably would call them a friend with benefits, I wouldn't though because I'd want more than your average friendship plus sexual contact in my life, hence I'd like to have multiple people to take care of what I need when I need it as they each can

• You won't believe it from a 41 years old but... me neither.
    And I'm really dreaming of getting into one :D
    For me a serious relationship means that you would like to stay with her or him for a longer term. So not about having fun or sex only but about loving each other in good or bad times :D

• It's all dependent on a persons interests.
    It's like asking, "What's great about pizza, or movies, or games. It's purely subjective.

Some want a serious partner to spend their life with, to grow old with.
    It varies from person to person. The common trait though is having someone you trust, who trusts you. Someone who is family.

The older a person gets, the more they long for the people they love to not be distant, to not pass on. It is the fear of being alone, because you never met someone to be with you when everyone else is gone.

I often envy the elderly. They won't have to bear life as long as we younger folks, but it is likely harder to bear in their time that is left.

Dark, but honest. Life ain't so bad though if ya don't let it be. XD

• A relationship matures you if you up for it. Really friends with benefits? Okay that's your view. I can say he'll like you, free sex without being faithful to you. Who knows how many std's he'll get and give to you and other women.

• 😂😂😂😂😂 you are so young

• Well, I am sure there are benefits about being in serious relationship but I have no idea what exactly they are because I have always been single.

• For me, there is no better sex than with the one you love. And having somebody actually care about you, being there for yo, understanding you, nothing beats that.

• at your stage of life its hard to think about the future and all the problems that come with adult hood. when you are in a serious relationship there is someone there to help you threw all life's struggles. its nice to have someone who cares about you just not in a sexual way but truly cares if you had a good day and you didn't there there to support you. also in life everyone is not good at everything, what i mean by that is i have my straights and weaknesses well my wife has hers also. we complement each other in this way to make life easier for the both of us. these are jus t a few things thats better in a serious relationship when you find the right person to be with

• In my thesaurus even friends with benefits or Booty Call is a serious relationship.

Let me in on your definition 😊

• Lmao a lot of people do have friends with benefits arrangements then someone usually ends up falling for the other.

Serious relationships aren't even all that bad. You have someone you can trust with anything and they got your back too. You won't know until your in one.

I was serious with a girl for like 2 years, and she was my best friend but we had our differences and things ended. No regrets though, shit happens.

• It depends on your life at the moment. At certain points, it was much better for me to be single because of how busy I was with my career, etc. at other times, it was nice to have someone to rely on. A serious relationship can bring a Lott of comfort, security, etc. there are positives and nagar ices, but with the right match it is mostly positive.

• Serious relationships are great, because you are dedicating yourself to a very fun, adventurous life together with that special someone. That doesn't mean there won't be problems, because everyone gets them. But the fact that they love each other and will go through life together makes it great.

• the sex isn't comparable... like gespacho (cold tomato soup) = fuckbuddies
    vs. lobster = healthy relationship sex

• Basic stable companionship with someone you know and trust. Sex with someone who you know better than a friends with benefits. Safety from STD's and the great fun of sex without condoms.

• More from Guys
    111

What Girls Said 84

• Serious relationships are hard to come by. I was in one 2 years ago and it lasted for a almost a year. They're great because that sense of security, love, kindness and loyalty is something you can't get from a fuck buddy. Of course, your fuck buddy can be a gentleman and care about you, but they're with you because of sex mainly. They don't want you to come over to talk about your day and your passions, they want to fuck you. There are certain boundaries that you can't cross with them because you're not their girlfriend. They would never hold your hand in public or be all loving towards you publicly or introduce you to his friends officially. You're his little dark secret he keeps hidden and his living flesh light. Yes, he could be a potential boyfriend or become very dear, but usually friends with benefits fail because he or yourself finds someone you want to be with officially. You can never call him your boyfriend or be jealous if he fucks another girl because you two will never be a thing. I'm speaking from experience because I've done the friends with benefits before and I preferred a relationship over friends with benefits. I find that my friends with benefits cared about me only when I was with him, but outside his bed, he didn't care about me and always wanted sex. I miss being in a relationship because the guy didn't want anything sexually from me but genuinely loved holding me in his arms and just being there for me. We used to go on walks and out to eat, and he would gaze at me like I was the most beautiful girl in the world to him. I didn't feel empty or lonely. I could be myself, giggle and jump on his back, kiss him on the cheek unexpectedly and when we made out, he was passionate and took his time with me, looking down at me with such love and affection. He called me his and I called him mine. I remember one night we were stargazing and I was teaching him about the stars while he played with my hair, and the whole time, he was smiling and looking at me because I was so animated and bubbly about teaching him astronomy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that yes, friends with benefits can be fun and satisfying, but after awhile, it gets lonely and empty and you'll crave something more deeper than just sex. Yes, in a serious relationship, it's not perfect but you work out conflicts like you would do in a family relationship or with your best friend. I'm not trying to sway your views but I'm just putting my experiences on here.

The description of your relationship gave me goosebumps, really well written!

tru tru i want that too miss it jus not the same sigh...

friends with benefits sets you up for failure in any serious relationship you attempt to have anyway. Always wondering in that serious relationship if you'll go back to that. Or what your partner thinks of you because of it. My advice is find a guy/girl who has been in similar situation and work it out with them for comparibility sake. Girls are notorious for locking the closet containing all their skeletons and screaming "don't judge!"

• I see that you are only 17... hmmm
    What is so great about serious relationships? What do you think?
    I learn to love him.
    He learned to love me.
    I can't be with anyone else, he knows me too well. I know him too well.
    I can't start that over with someone new. Too much work! Plus sex with one guy forever is great for me because I am emotionally attached and I am territorial.
    The whole dating game thing is a lot of work for me too. I don't need that.
    I have kids with him. We share finances. We have cars and a mortgage together.
    Ohhhh and we share hopes and dreams together. Faithful, loyal, good listener, hard working... when you find a great one you sky rocket to the moon. It's like one in a trillion years and you better hold on for that kind of love isn't that easy to find. Look around you, so many people divorce.

• Well would you rather have:

relationship: someone meaningful in your life, and get to experience a deep connection that makes you feel alive that possibly leads to heartbreak? Someone that cares about you more than anything.

-I have personally felt some of the best feelings just from thinking about someone important to me, and being around them, rather than from the sexual pleasure I get from them.

fwb: A dull not so meaningful connection with many people where there are very few small spurts of great emotion, but you have an overall stable mindset. Someone who doesn't tend to care about your thoughts, only your pussy.

keep in mind:
    - With love comes sacrifice. If you are more concerned about yourself then others most of the time then friends with benefits might be for you.

-Just because something is easy, doesn't mean it is right for you. In fact easier things tend to bear less reward.

-If you prefer the simple life of never knowing deep love and never being deeply loved then fuck around. If you want to take the crazy route of experiencing the beautiful capability we have as human beings to love another so much it hurts then take that one. I think everyone should at least experience a relationship once but just think about what you will regret in the end, and which one seems more worth it to you.

• I'm a perfectly happy single girl and I don't want to change that anytime soon. But I have been in a serious loving relationship and it's also awesome. Does it have it's downfalls and complications of course. You fight you can't always have your way you have to think about other people. But the actual real love you feel makes it worth it. When your older and in real life you'll spend a lot of time by yourself. Your friends aren't always around. Your work gets crazy and it's nice to know no matter what you always have someone to love you to come home to. When life gets to hard you have someone all the time. When your sad you and you always know that they're there. You have someone to tell your stupid stories too. It's hard to explain till you're in one. Having someone that drives you absolutely insane but you can't live with out is awesome.

Single isn't the worst thing in the world like everyone makes it out to be. I love it. I'm not ready to be in a serious relationship. But I also have the best friends out there. I have friends that when I'm down I can call at all hours and I have friends that I can go curl up with and cuddle but it's not the same.

Plus eventually no matter how independent you are. No matter how comfortable you are with your sexual exploits at some point you will start to feel cheap you'll wonder why your not good enough for someone to love. Why you're stuck in these meaningless sexual relationships. (Also FYI sex is so much better when you're in love).

But right now you're 17 so enjoy it! Have friends with benefits rock your life do what makes you happy. Maybe it won't be a big thing in your life. But when it happens you'll get it.

• You won't understand until you're in one. You shouldn't have any real problems or problems often in a healthy happy relationship.

Having someone there all the time, who wants to love you and take care of you, whilst you want to do the same back, is lovely. You have such a lovely and strong connection.

• You're 17 :) when I was 17, I had never been in a long term relationship either.
    What's so good about them? There's nothing like having THAT person just for you :) who loves you, and treats you right and makes you feel special and you make them feel special. And you guys make memories and form a special bond through experience, struggles, and good sex :3
    To have a partner you can trust, you can build with, who will support you and hopefully help guide you to be the best version of yourself-it's an amazing opportunity and experience.

• I'm in a serious open relationship. We can have sex with whomever, but the romance is just between us.

It's nice to have that one special someone to come home to at the end of the day. Knowing that you always have someone you can count on. My boyfriend is also my best friend.

• Serious relationships are something truly great to be in because I've yet to experience anything more fulfilling than knowing that you've got someone who reciprocates being emotionally invested in you, as well as being down to go at it like rabbits with you more often than not.

• Meh, I dunno. I enjoy being with my partner and having a super close bond and knowing that this is something special that we only have with each other. It's not like being in a serious relationship is the best thing ever or that casual relationships are bad, I just don't really like the idea of them for myself. Besides, we don't really have any problems to do with our relationship so it's all good.

• Serious relationships are for assheads with no self esteem who like to talk about how superior they are to everybody else because they are in a "serious" relationship. People in "serious" responsible relationships, dont have fun and usually need a lover so that they can continue with their "serious" relationship.

Relationships are for people who enjoy each others company and are beyond the lets pretend we are happily married crap

Sorry very inmature reply from my part.

Honestly dont know much

@mostwomenshouldstfu I agree, unfortunately I've meet so many disfunctional and crazy couples, been hit on so many times by married men or men in "serious relationships". That I've taken notice that few relationships are actually worthwhile.

Those would be the idiots not doing it right. They're rampant and it p***es me off.

• Well, in a healthy relationship you have a partner, someone who's always on your team no matter what, and you've got someone to share your hopes and fears with, to do fun things with, and to just hang out and be yourself with. It's nice having someone to share your life with.

Yeah I suppose guess I'll just have to wait ☹️

Ok I didn't realize when I answered the question that you're only 17. It's gonna probably be years before you and the guys in your dating pool are ready for the kind of relationship I described. Don't sweat it.. just have fun for a while and concentrate on figuring out who you wanna be as an individual.

• Serious relationships have many benefits. It's having your best friend around 24/7, the arms that'll hug you after a bad day, someone to cuddle with, someone who understands you on a different level, someone who will love you unconditionally and be there for you no matter what. Having a friends with benefits isn't the same, it's just fucking whereas with a partner, it's an act of pure love and bonding

• Definitely depends on what you want for your future. If you want the kids playing in the yard, white picket fence future... then serious is where you aim.
    There isn't anything thing wrong with keeping things simple and friends with benefits related. As long as both of you agree on the terms. I think there are still a lot of people that have a false sense of security tied to marriage/commitment. Vows and rings aren't a guarantee of happily ever after and 'til death...

• The main serious thing is pretty much the trust you have with each other, the rest is all pretty much a fun relationship, being with someone who you know just loves you and would do anything for you is quite an amazing feeling and with a relationship you dont go around and create a name for having sex with that many people, you just have a connection with one person and you can always try stuff out. It's easy as long as the person your with is on the same page as you with the relationship

• Its exactly what you say. A normal friendship relation stays superficial and ypou both live your own life to a certain extent. In a serious relation, you share the good, but also the bad points, but you try to solve them in common and help and support the other.

• You ALWAYS have someone to go places with, date, and always someone to have sex with (more often)!! It's nice. Holidays are fun with a boyfriend/girlfriend!! I miss it...

• I mean, if it isn't your thing, it isn't your thing. Maybe it will be when you're older, maybe not. Not everyone is a commitment person.

But to answer your question, it's an extremely beautiful feeling to give love. To make someone feel important, special, valued, attractive, desired, etc. feels good to put a smile on their face and make their lives better.
    And it feels good to receive that from that same person in return. It feels good to come home to someone every night and hold them.

• Well, all though real relationships, that are serious, do have problems, people long for them because not only does people need other people, but it is the best feeling in the world to know that whatever you do, and whatever happens, you have that one person that is always there.
    Not only is it always a person there, but it is not either anyone, it is a person that you love, they are your best friend, they hold you when you sleep and they laugh with you in the morning. You hold hands while you pee and brush each others teeth.
    When you get older and face the reality of this world you will be thankful for a serious relationship that grounds you :)

Untill then, fuck around and do what 17 year old girls should do; just be free and stupid :)

• I value my pussy enough not to just give it up for free.

Plus feelings

• Just wait till you have feelings for that person. Then you'll understand. The great thing about them is its just the two of you. It makes you one. A unit. Its just an amazing feeling. Yeah sometimes they turn out wrong or they don't go right. But when they do its the best thing in the world :D

• Because friends with benefits never lasts. Usually one person develops feelings and the whole thing gets ruined and you feel crushed, as if you'd experienced a break up. You also start to feel like shit after a while when the "friend with benefits" only seems to last for so long, so you need to find another one. You start to feel disgusting and worthless, and will look back and regret it, especially if you get an std. Speaking from experience as a former party girl who hooked up with any guy I liked. Felt like shit to be honest and wish I could take it back. In a serious relationship now and never going back. We're sexually and emotionally compatible, best friends, have each other's backs, and bring each other more happiness than any temporary one night stand ever could.

• Relationships are overrated! Even a relationship isn't forever. Anymore marriage isn't until death do us part, it's till someone better comes along then divorce do us part. I don't know anyone who's had a relationship or marriage last over 10 years, most don't even make it to 5 years.

• its not the word "serious" relationships that's great. its the loving relationships that elude you are what you are really asking. when you are in one, you won't be asking whats so great about them. you will just know. friends with benefits is good, but someday , sometime, who is getting more benefits will become a problem and who is using who will also become a problem. and what benefit are you getting at the end of the day? friends with benefits are not really friends, because friends dont ask for benefits. so begs the question. whos is using who? or maybe you have issues with becoming close to a person. either way, i see this as a lose lose proposition..

Nail on the friggin head, "friends" with benefits aren't friends, it's a delusion. And it lowers your market value. Your ONLY hope is peer pressure and that others are doing it too, otherwise, you're screwed and won't be desired by those who don't view sex as "good exercise".

• Safety, security, comfort, better sex than friends with benefits. always someone to turn to to share good times and be consoled in bad times.

• because you're with someone who cares about you.. someone you can share your good and bad times with/ sometimes who's here to listen to you

• You don't have to shave your legs everyday. Beyond that I really don't know.

• Having a deep connection with somebody and knowing that home is in their arms.

• For me, it is even better now we live under the same roof. I have a best friend who I can talk to and be goofy with. Who will stay with me during my life, and let me live my life. Every night feels like I have a fun sleepover. And well... you know, I'm not even talking about the romantic parts of it. We never have problems or arguments, because there is no need to. We just live our lives apart and even together. It is kinda cool.

• It's having a best friend you have sex with. It's finding your other half. Someone who gets you and wants to have fun with you.

• Nothing great about it and let alone friends with benefits.

• More from Girls
    54