Guys, Will a shy guy never make a move no matter how much he likes a girl?

3mo Like if he's never ever talked to the girl in question, they don't even belong to the same circle of friends and she's quite attractive so much so that a lot of guys are into her.. even some of his own friends..
3mo Even when he knows the girl likes him back as well? But somehow he is unsure that she may not like him as much as he likes her.. he is unsure of her feelings..

70

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you are actually right. Yes, a shy guy is highly unlikely to make a move no matter how much he likes the girl. I would say it's a shy guy's incapacity to do so, shy guys are not good at taking initiatives and making the first move. That's a typical shy guy's quality.

Secondly it's very much possible that a shy guy will have a doubt if the girl really likes him or not, or he may wonder as to how can a girl like him and so on and due to this reason also he may not make a move.

Hence while dealing with a shy guy the woman needs to take the initiative and make the first move. It shouldn't really matter if she likes him as well.

What Guys Said 69

• there's a chance he make a move. the best bet of him taking a chance and talking to the girl would be if she is alone. but his shyness could certainly prevent him from approaching the girl

your best bet if he doesn't approach you soon would be to approach him.

• In my experience, (your situation sounds similar to mine) he'd definitely want to make a move, but would be too cautious to be effective. It's definitely nerve wrecking when there's a girl you like so much but you can't do anything cause you're too dang nervous about messing up to do anything!

However, if I knew the girl liked me, I'd would've hung out with her in a heart beat. If I don't knew her though... Well, I hesitated.

• Could be. It is a possibility that he won't make a move at all because he is shy. It's the whole negative thinkibg of "what ifs" and fears that hold them back in particular to fear of rejection and how he'd be able to handle a rejection, etc.

• Liking her more can make it less likely actually. It's not plausible, but not impossible. It's more of a... 'wait and hope things happen' kind of situation.
    If he likes the girl and knows she likes him back and for whatever reason can't strike up a conversation, she'll have to do the work and likely have to initiate a lot of things. It's 'possible' he could make a move, but if you wait around, you'll probably be disappointed.

• not going to talk to you...
    would like to talk to you, but will shut down, won't know what to say, and will be shooed off when other guys approach.

• Knowing whether she likes me ahead of time would certainly be a lot easier. I've never had the fortune of that experience to this day though.

My "shyness" or social anxiety is very targeted. I don't have a problem "talking" to people. I have a problem relating to people, and I have a problem relating to women I find attractive, whether physically or intellectually.

Yeah, it would help if I knew ahead of time whether she liked me or not. I know that would definitely help, because a big part of the anxiety is about whether or not she'll be offended or a lost friend over knowing I like her.

I don't have anxiety for being a weakling or something. I have anxiety because I value the other person enough to be concerned with their well-being.

• It's hard to say. A shy guy could/likely will make a move... years later. But if he knows she likes him back (especially if she told him herself), then he's very likely to make a move. If he's not (going to make a move), then he might be second-guessing whether she's playing with him/lying to him just to get a rise out of him in a cruel manner.

I suggest talking to him yourself. Get him comfortable so that he could ask you out.

• No. A shy guy can make a move - he will just be more cautious about it and do it when he's more certain that it would succeed. He's less likely to take risks, especially if he doesn't know where she stands.

• Story of my life.

• I'm extremely shy around girls when i like them, so I'll answer your question:

Four or five months ago I would've said chances are very slim that I'd make a move on any girl I liked, whether I knew her well or not. Since then a girl made a move on me and I had a short relationship that, even though it was short and didn't go exactly how I wanted it to, gave me more confidence when it comes to girls. Sitting here now I would say if I had a pretty good idea that she liked me I would go for it. However, if I had no idea if she liked me or not I'm 99% sure I'd wait it out, maybe try to get to know her and kind of sense if she may be interested. For shy people its much easier to go for it if we have an idea that she might like us back vs. taking a shot in the dark with a girl we don't know and hoping she says yes.

• Considering the two updates, I would go and get him yourself if I were you, as he's probably not going to do anything.
    That is assuming you like him.
    Bobbyhill1 has the right idea.

• To all girls girl having this problem... ask the guy out. Seriously If you think the guy is shy and likes you and you like him take the chance and help him out. Don't buy into that bs that you can't ask a guy out because you are a woman or will appear too needy Everything could be solved instead of the time it takes to wonder about the whole thing.

• since im a shy introvert thats not true, i will make a move somehow but its also possible that i won't

• That could be true in my case.

• That's right! All you need to do is label a guy as "shy" and you can predict his behavior 100%. They are all identical.

• Depends on how shy he is. If he does muster up the courage to break the ice, advancing things would probably be his biggest issue. This is where he may end up in the 'friendzone'. It might fall on the girl to push things forward if she's really into him and he's not moving things.

• being a shy guy I can give you our point of view. We will spoke if spoken too. if you dont speak I won't just start speaking for some random reason. you may catch a shy guy looking at you then when you look at him he looks away. He will not go up to you if he is too shy. its really that simple

• it really kinda depends. sometimes shy guys have a lot of balls and will do it and others won't. I have a friend and she broke up with a shy guys after three months Cuz after 5 dates he never even held her hand or anything while I have another friend who's shy nut will just slay girls when he has the chance

• Yes he could,. It'll just take a long time for him to do anything about it even if he knows the gal likes him.

• No, they will not. Rarely do they ever muster up the courage to talk to their crush. So if you're interested in him and think he's shy talk to him. The only thing you can do is be open or you can be the one making the move.

• Yea he might never, he is afraid of rejection. I know because I used to be one of them. But I grow out of that.

• I have been too shy to tell her in the past.

• He may make a move in certain cases albeit maybe in an awkward manner

• It depends on the guy but if he was smart, he would know he would have to make the first move... if I were you, I'd encourage him by being approachable, "Hey" "Good morning"

• I have almost never gone up to someone and chatted them up. I am very shy and don't really have a way of fixing this. In my case? Yes.

• its almost impossible for a shy guy like myself to talk to a woman. im kind of hoping rhey will come to me

• yup, as a shy guy ill never make a move on a girl, its the girl who's supposed to make first moves.

• It's better if you talk to him

• Yes, because that was me in a situation a few years ago.

• It depends. I wouldn't necessarily call myself shy, I'm just not a gambler. Unless I know the outcome, I tend not to do it. Only exception is when the potential pain is worth it because the payout would be so significant.

• More from Guys
    39