I've lost interest in guys and dating. Is that normal?

I'm the kind of person who has always desired an intense and fulfilling long-term relationship while sharing good times and new experiences with that special someone. However, after taking lots of time to reflect on the past and realizing further what I want to pursue in life (school/career), all of a sudden I lost all and any interest in finding a suitable partner, and my focus is shifting much more towards reinventing myself... and I almost feel that getting too invested at this time will distract me. I'm planning on remaining single because I seldom meet guys that are my type. I also grew up in a dysfunctional family ( verbally abusive dad, an older brother with anger issues, emotionally unstable mom) that made me resent guys from a young age.

Most Helpful Girl

• What you're going through is pretty common. I took a two Yeats hiatus after a breakup. Went back to university, traveled to Italy and France, moved a couple thousands miles away and made some amazing friends.

Concentrate on school and career. You're only young once!!! Make it count.

What Guys Said 5

• I think focusing on yourself sounds fine. But while your doing that keep your eyes open for someone worth your time. Because why not?

• That's okay, and I could tell you why?

Some boys at that age that are living in a college dorm room just want sex?

Just remember don't become a narccist

• People generally are attracted to those who possess great personality and character. Just never fails. Your to young and isolated yet to really make a solid judgement like that against yourself. Learn to forgive , just like others would do for you.

• Yea, that's normal. You're burnedout. You'll bounce back into the spring of things eventually.

• yeah i resent women too. lets make a hateclub. hoorey!

What Girls Said 1

• If you're interested in yourself for now there's no problem with that, but forever, I don't think it's normal