Guys, do you prefer girls with make-up or none?

I hear some say they like when a girl shows her flaws and some say they l like girls who do wear make up. I want to know who prefers what.

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly prefer girls without makeup especially if I'm dating them or are going to be. Like I dont mind makeup on special occasions but for every day things I dont look like it. The way I see it is I'm dating YOU not Maybelline. And if I need makeup to think your attractive or if you think I do then that's a problem.

Thanks for MHO!!

Well maybe it's because people respond better to it. Some people say others think they're tired or sick looking without it on. Or how sales representatives at stores ignore them more when they're not wearing any.

I feel like the superficial people are more friendly when I have it on but I wouldn't want to associate with anyone who's only going to be my friend when I look good. Reminds me of high school -__-

that's true. maybe its just me then but I could never date a girl who wore makeup 24/7 even when we were alone together. its not that its not the real her or anything like that its the fact that I feel insulted if its assumed she needs to wear makeup for me to think she is attractive. I feel like its calling me shallow. so for me at least I prefer as little makeup ad possible unless its a special occasion.

What Guys Said 52

• I like girls who look their best.

For most I'd say that can call for a minor amount of cosmetic enhancements, at least according to my preference (I've mostly lived in very urban and fashionable areas, I might have gotten used to women who dress up fancy and make themselves up).

However, there are times I see a girl without make-up. Just the other day I saw one of my female acquaintances after she got all sweaty and worked out outside with no make-up, and I was surprised how pretty she looked in spite of it with her shirt soaked in sweat and no make-up whatsoever from what I could tell. Yet she's an exceptionally attractive girl in her late 20s with or without make-up. But maybe seeing her without any (I usually see her with a bit of make-up) made me so fascinated with how pretty her face looked in spite of it.

So girls to me who look amazing without make-up are quite beautiful. There's no possible way for them to look anything but gorgeous. Yet it's only a small minority of women who have that kind of effect on me without make-up. For most, I feel like they look their best with a small amount.

With the girl I'm talking about, her skin complexion is completely clear and smooth. There isn't a single blemish on her face. She doesn't have very thick eyelashes but the balance of her facial features works well without so much contrast in the eye area. Her nose is delicate, her lip color doesn't contrast so much with the rest of her face which is narrow. It's the type of face that looks quite stunning to me even without any prominent features attracting.

For her I'd say I preferred seeing her without make-up just because she doesn't need any whatsoever to have one of the prettiest faces I see around. Yet it's a very rare breed of girl where I'd say that I prefer her without any make-up whatsoever. For most I prefer a small amount.

• Whatever the hell she wants to do

• i love a girl who is attractive and is confident not wearing makeup at all. i am totally fine if a girl chooses to apply a moderate amount of makeup to accentuate a few features.

i just don't like when makeup is caked on to the point that you almost feel the person is wearing a mask

• Maybe an unpopular opinion, but i'm going to say relatively little. Too much is gross, I generally don't mind none. But I think everyone can agree makeup does some crazy shit when used right.

• Fucking lol at the guys saying no makeup.

• None or very little if they can pull it off. Most women are insecure about how they look ( can't really blame them with the way media portray woman these day) so they will wear make-up.

I give major point to the one that can pull off the no-make up look though. Take some real confident. (Also no need to wait 5 hours for her to "get ready" when we go somewhere)

• I prefer that nice balanced look. You know, a little makeup for an elegant evening out but there's no reason to go around the house with a full face of makeup for no reason. :P

• Makeup, hands down. It gives me a boner when their eyes shine out of the makeup.

• No makeup is always better.

• i´d say superficial, player type guys love makeup, while people who like to have a long term partner don´t.

• Honestly I don't mind a little bit, but keep it natural looking. I love a girl with a more natural look

• I would 100% prefer girls with none at all. Natural beauty trumps fake any day.

• I like to see the "without", but if we're going somewhere I make it a point to look nice, so I would expect her to as well. If, to her, that means make up... so be it.

• I'd rather be with a girl that was beautiful without makeup. Makeup would only be an enhancement then

• A little

• I don't mind as long as it's not way too much. But personally I prefer none or just a little

• Minimal make up is preferred. I appreciate thr effort and do like a little make up but I dislike fake lashes, unnatural foundation and eyeshadow most of the time.

• Depends which one she looks better with and how much.

• I "prefer" no makeup but I don't have any problem with makeup either.

• You don't need all that make up to look good , just be yourself or even go with minimal make up if you want.
    That's my personal view on it

• I don't like it. On special occasions it looks good though.

• I prefer no makeup. I don't want to be attracted to a facade.

• usually i lie girls without make up, Natural look, if she have to put make up like in some occasions then it must be very little.

• None, girls with make up are fake.

• Definitely make up

Why? Isn't natural beauty more better?
      Make up decive a person >.<

Do you prefer*

I'm just ganna go and LMFAO now!

• Little to no makeup I downt want to have to go to bed with a chisel.

• its all the same to me.

• I like some make up. Not a whole lot though.

• None.

• make up is necessary

• More from Guys
    22

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• Make up and all the guys that say none don't know what make up looks like lol

• I feel like most men will say 'none or a little' without realising what normal women actually look like then, lol.

• I'm both. Some days I feel like putting some effort in how I look for the day and slap some make up on. Other days, my inner tomboy comes out and just can't be bothered to fix myself.

• I think makeup is good when you wear it occasionally.. full on makeup everyday just shows that person is insecure

• My boyfriend likes me without make up but he's definitely more proud of me when I have make up in.

• guys 'none/natural make up' is often actually a lot of make up

• Umm I love makeup and I don't care what guys think tbh...

• I rarely ever wear makeup. My current DP was taken on one of these rare occasions. I prefer to remain the closest to natural as possible.

• Both, girls look cute when they got dark circles and acne scars, and girls also look cute when they got a black smoked out eyeshadow and heavy contouring/highlighting. I personally wear makeup a bit on the heavier/gothicish side, but I just like girls overall.

• They like anything looking cheap

• A guy wants his woman to be pretty with and without makeup

• They prefer natural makeup on girls

• Without Make-Up.

• Both, but I like a woman that knows how to make herself look amazing even if she uses makeup.

• Happy medium

• Oh, you men... lol
    Half of you will run away if you see some women without make up... lol 😂