What are the benefits of giving up on love?

Since my lovelife is basically crap I had decided to stop pursuing to save myself from the pain of rejection. Everytime I like a girl i never get her so I might as well just drop that and focus on my studies (university) and work. I want to know if its worth it doing that and if i will regret my decision later. I', m just tired of constant disappointment thats why.

Most Helpful Girl

• Extra time and energy to do things you actually enjoy.

Not having to worry if someone likes you or if you don't like someone into you.

No more awkward silences.

Save money and eat healthier

Yeah thats true. I hate wondering whether that person i'm into likes me back. It drives me nuts.

Ditto. It's liberating to take a break sometimes and just feel free from scrutiny.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly I don't think it's bad to focus on school when you're in school.

Maybe when you're older and have had a break it will be easier to approach dating in a healthier way for yourself.

• Time for self improvement.

What Guys Said 14

• Hurray! Let's celebrate then? Many people here at GAG are Chronically Single in case you were ever wondering about it.

Maybe you finally realize that it really didn't matter anyway. That is unless you still have any second thoughts and feeling of strongly wanting a family of your own with kids some day?

Otherwise, you're on the right path and right track, just focus on your studies and career for now completely as your first priority from here on out.

You have more control of your life and your finances and resources when you're single anyway.

• Listen to @ProbablyTooMature He's right, love always find you when you least expect. Things always happen that way

• Well, there are plenty of benefits for staying single and whether or not you will regret your decision, that would really depend on your nature, meaning if you are an emotional person or a logical person. If you are very logical then you won't regret the decision to stay away from love.

• The benefit of giving up on love means you'll actually find it. It's when you're looking for it that it eludes you.

• Love is pain and pleasure. Giving up love is suicide bro.
    Maybe don't take it so serious, you don't need to marry every girl u date.
    Maybe they want some fun, be there for them and keep moving. Have clear communication.
    I know how it goes: you meet sexy super hot girl, you are happy she wants you. Then you fall for her, then she's like hmm I like you but I'm not ready for something serious at the moment.
    You feel heartbreak.
    You have to let that go, it hurts but it felt good at first didn't it?
    It happens. You will find someone, you are 23 for fucks sake.

• All I can think of is you can eat the whole box of pizza by yourself and u don't have to share😂

• You're 23 years old. You haven't even entered a relationship. You haven't even dated for that matter.

I'm not saying you need to marry to finally realize there's no such thing, but you won't "give up on love" considering you never even had the experience to be with someone, and you will still pursue it whether you want it or not.

Attention seeking much? Fix your issues, and work in your looks. Also, start having fun and do the things you like because you aren't going to be around forever.

• I don't think there are any.
    You don't need to actively pursue it - but actively giving up is more silly.

• Age 23.. given up already boyo? Jesus lmao

• Some more alone time with your right or left hand

• You'll find you'll have a lot more free time to pursue other things. I enjoy playing music, doing cardio at the gym, hiking and the like. It's actually pretty nice!

• Nothing wrong with pursuing your degree, making money. You'll find "love" then, but talk about awkward timing.

I say strip clubs will make you feel better man

• It's not bad to focus on school. It's what I'm doing right now, and I couldn't be happier.

• Don't be too hard man... us guys were born with this thing in our heads to go after women and can mess up our lives. I'm not going to lie... its damn hard to go through your life seeing beautiful women everyday and thinking i just want one to love me... it sticks... such is our curse man.

What i did, i block all that outta my head and just focus on my uni work... studies really hard and got a great job... now i have my own house and car and i have a great time with my mates. Love is something so hard to get out of your head with half naked women walking all over and i feel ya. For now... just work hard on those studies... plus in my honest opinion i don't find women to be sweet and feminine anymore. All the best bro