Would you ever date a cop?

Okay so I recently got asked out by a cop (I met him on Tinder). He's attractive and everything but it just makes me really nervous. I've seen this ons several TV shows and movies: A girl goes out with a cop, they have a great time together and then the girl decides to break up with him and he becomes a complete jerk and makes her life a living hell. I'm just afraid that's what's going to happen.

Would you ever date a cop?

Most Helpful Guy

• Cops are normal people just like you lol. Police Academy Graduate here. Just make handcuff jokes with him

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends
    If he seems like the guy you been waiting for them go ahead!
    If you think you need some more time to think about it then tell him
    He should be understanding if he is not then u guys will definitely break up
    And not everything you see in the movies are real
    He could be a good guy and understand how you feel :)

What Guys Said 10

• Nope. I can't ever see that remotely happen in my lifetime. The last thing you'd want is to be involved with a cop that turmed out be crooked or corrupt. I would not be wlling to take any chances.

• Cops TEND to be control freaks. That's not to say all... but from my experience (mom worked for the Sheriff and I volunteer for the PD) that's how it is.

• " I've seen this ons several TV shows and movies:"

• If she gets to take her uniform etc home.

• I prefer not to get shot

+ I may or may not pirate daily

• Sure and if after it turn out she was a crazy bitch I make one call and she's fired I don't see the big problem

• Your fears are baseless

• No, also wouldn't date a lawyer. Does he work in the city you live in?

Yup. And that's the part that makes me nervous. He could so easily control me if he really wanted to.

Apparently that's a thing in large cities. Apt's will not rent to you if they find out you're a lawyer. They become a headache you get on your bad side.

Some people take rejection too hard. You thought getting your car keyed was bad imagine what a love scorn cop would do.

Well, that settles it then, I'm not gonna go out with him. You just described exactly what I'm afraid of.

• i saw a video the other day of a girl getting pulled over by a cop. he told her "im arresting you for attempted stealing (burglary), he went on to say "for stealing... my heart". turns out the guy was her boyfriend, and was proposing at the very moment. So, people do date cops. i don't know if I would though

What Girls Said 13

• I would, sure.

I know a lot of officers. I like them. I work closely with them on occasion.

• Only if he was a Foreign Cop.
    I am Not Really into White guys anymore nor Ones with a High and Tight.. Hair cut.
    Good luck and Good question. xx

However, with anyone, hun, I probably would Worry if my man would get shot at any given moment. xx

• That doesn't sound like it is likely to happen. That could happen with a guy in any profession. If I really loved the guy I would date him. I would prefer he be in a career that does not put his life on the line so much but still I would support him.

• Yeh. Their job shouldn't matter

• I almost went out on a tinder date with a cop once haha

• I might but if I'm not mistaken @Rocket_Queen married one

Haha close! A fireman = ).
      But we have lots of cop family and friends! Just like every other profession there are good and bad. I dated a cop before, he was sweet but we just were not right for each other. My biggest complaint is that my serious problems (like our house is a wreck or whatever 😜) is not the same as my husbands serious problem (ex: the house is on fire, or someone's head fell off) so sometimes I'm like "babe, do you hear me?" Lol. But I say give it a go. You can't know them all, especially not from tv shows and movies. They are great people. Good luck!

• No, I don't want a guy with a job that means we gotta stay in the US forever.

• Maybe, if they're hot.

• No I don't think I could tbh

• No, under no circumstances.

• My boyfriend is a cop -he's actually a supervisor now and he is honestly the sweetest kindest boyfriend I've ever had. I love cops.

• I got some funny stories too from Tinder. I got like 5 different requests from guys that claim to be cops that wanted to hook up. I guess they want to get laid too

• No because I have always had really bad treatment from them.
    I feel sick to my stomach when I am even around them.