Why do guys always become distant?

So i' m a 19 year old girl who's never had a boyfriend and it's frustrating because it seems like its so easy for every other girl. Every guy that i've talked too its never worked out because he'll become distant all of the sudden even after its established that he likes me and i like him. We'll have good conversation and vibe well one day then the next he'll ignore me or act distant towards me but be warm to everyone else. It even seems like he's acting in a way to get my attention but when i try talking to him he'll act distant. Like wtf? This goes on for some time then I don't know what happens but he'll find another girl and i'm left confused. What am i doing wrong? Do they do this too try to build attraction? I just don't understand the point when i already told the fool i liked him. How can i keep these guys consistent?

Most Helpful Guy

• I get bored really fast but I'm just one guy out of many.

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly don't know
    That happened to me too last year I told the guy I like him but then he didn't say anything we kept in talking less and less everyday and then eventually we stoped and this year we talked again and he finally told me that he likes me too but he wants a friends with benefits relationship I know I deserve better but I really like him like whenever I see him or text him it's like butterflies everywhere
    Even though I still like him I wouldn't take that offer because I know there is someone out there who appreciate me and know who I am the the way I think
    I honestly don't get why he would want to flirt with another girl to make you jealous that just create distance between I guys
    TALK TO HIM AGAIN!!

What Guys Said 1

• Easy answer: He lost interest. He wanted something you didn't give him right away.

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest I've had that exact same problem with a few boys, it's a pain in the arse but all I can say is boys will be boys, just make sure he's not a total 'fuckboy' as people put it x

• I have had that problem and its definitely confusing. I will just say the only thing you can do in the end is not to get too attached to a guy until you establish consistency, though sometimes even then you don't know. I guess the best thing is watch what he does/says and look out for any red flags that indicate he is dating other women while dating you.