Do you think it's okay for a 15 year old girl to date a 19 year old man?

This guy I work with (we'll call him M) started talking to me the other day, he's really shy. I think M likes me. He's heard about all the other creepy older customers and coworkers that hit on me at work and finds it to be wrong, so I really don't think he means to do me any harm. And I wouldn't intend to have any illegal sex with him, and if I believed that was all he wanted from me, I wouldn't give him the time of day but I think he just genuinely wants a relationship with me that isn't all about seeing how far he can get with me. I'd know, I've dealt with my fair share of creeps in just the past few days. My dad works with us as well and really likes M. My dad even told me recently when I got rejected that he thought M would date me, (this was prior to me even meeting M). I almost wonder if my dad encouraged M to start talking to me. So normally I might think the whole 15-19 age difference is wrong but then again he's a really nice guy and it's only 4 years and it seems as though my dad has given his stamp of approval... I guess I just want more opinions before I attempt to pursue cause the age difference has been weighing on my mind a bit. He'll be 20 in November and I'll be 16 in December. Should I just forget it now because of the age gap or should I go for it? If it works out, it will be the first relationship I'll ever be in.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ayyy
    Do anything you want cutie
    Age doesn't matter tbh
    If you both won't be sexual then it's better or he might get in trouble but if he's craving sex then stay away if you want something serious
    So just think about every circumstances and then take a decision so you won't regret 😂 LOL

Hey! Wow thanks for not bashing me like most of the others, they're all like slut shaming me and all I did was ask if they thought it was okay to pursue. But everyone's acting like I'm just gonna hook up with this guy and get him sent to jail... so not my intention-I've never even kissed a guy before let alone be in a relationship with one, I'm really not trying to jump the gun on sleeping with someone! You're right though, I just need to figure out what his intentions are. If he really is just trying to hook up with me, I'll figure it out soon enough, every time I go to work I have an adult man trying to get with me... I think I'll be able to tell if that's this guy's intention as well. I'm still not even sure I want to date this guy yet, I'm only just starting to consider it. Thanks for your help!

Some people here are crazy
      If you know the difference of online and reality
      My pleasure sweetheart 😊

Thanks for MHO cutie 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as it's legal I wouldn't worry about others opinions. However in your situation it'd be best to wait until you're 16. Because depending on your state, you two being together could get him into trouble (especially if your parents don't approve). In my state the age of consent is 16. But other states vary. Just be very careful.

What Guys Said 17

• It's only 4 years, but you're still a minor which would put him in a very dangerous position, he could be charged serious crimes, you know. Wait until you're 18 to date older guys, from that moment one age differences matter shit. But right now, he'll be in a very bad spot for it.

I don't know if you're dad being ok with it, would grant the other guy some sort of immunity at 16 years old, which is generally the age of consent. But I doubt it, you would probably have to check the laws with your dad.

At age 20, though, and I don't mean any wrong with this, any healthy guy is pretty much interested in sex doesn't matter if he doesn't have bad intentions with you. So think about that...

• Probably not worth it, it's all fun and games until he gets put on the sex offender registry for the rest of his life, whether you want it or not

• Ordinarily I would say no. But if your dad approves, I'd say okay. Your dad should know best.

• In any other situation I would say no straight away, but if your father approves, I think it might be okay :)

• Nope. Nopeidy nopeidy nope, no. Uh-huh. Negatory.

• Well i think you shouldn't date him cause you are too young for him and he won't touch you cause your are a minor... And he will be fucked and in trouble...
    Why don't you wait till you are 18+?

• No, that's just fucked up.

• sure is. Love is love!

• only if he is hot.

• i guess, but it sounds like the girl is too young

• Yes. Try it. You both are actually young and learning about it.

Use the condom !!!

• If its legal sure.

• No, but it would be weird for 19 years old guy to date 15 years old girl :/

• Long as ya don't break any laws, there ain't anything wrong with it.

• The only problem I could see is when he's 24 and ready for kids you will only be 20

• It could work but you guys would need to take it slow and I don't know the legal age in your area

• Why is he not talking to girls his own age. And she doing the same with guys. That's what I want to know

What Girls Said 15

• You shouldn't even be dating let alone dating adults.

• well, considering that you're a minor in the eyes of the law, probably best that you steer clear- for obvious reasons (like rape charges, if he does anything with you that's not platonic).

most guys err on the side of caution when approaching women at work, especially since two little words ("sexual harassment") would be all it takes to wreck his professional reputation forever. can't say i blame him.

• You shouldn't be dating any sort of adult men while you'd still a child/teen still in high school. Smh...

• No. Because its illegal. Of course the gap wouldn't matter when you're legal. But you're not legal. So.. don't do anything that you know can lead to bad consequences

• "So normally I might think the whole 15-19 age difference is wrong but then again he's a really nice guy and it's only 4 years and it seems as though my dad has given his stamp of approval"

That scares me.

• The key difference between you is that you're a girl, and he's a man. Expectations and mindsets are going to be different when it comes to relationships regardless.

• That's not right.

• Not ok.

• nope, 15 is too young for a 19 year old guy.

• i think it is sick.

• I've dated a 21 year old when I was 15 and I turned out fine so...

• It's nothing bad

• As long as they like

• If you like him go for it. My boyfriends 4 years older. Generally guys are mentally less mature anyway...

• No no no oh god no it's not ok
    I'm calling 911 the guy trying to rape you..