Should I be honest with women I meet that I don't work and live with my parents?

I am your typical guy in his twenties with no job, living with my parents and spend all my waking hours playing video games. Whiles I am trying to work on this aspects of my life, I also want to get back into dating soon. I'm just not sure of the best way to handle it when women I meet inevtiably ask me about myself. I know honestly is usually the way to go but it won't exactly work in my favour. So when I meet a woman, should I be honest with them right away that I don't work and live with my parents? Or should I at first and wait until they "like me more" before telling them the truth?

Also I don't want to wait until I at least have a job before trying to meet women. I just don't see a reason to do it that way. If I can't find a single attractive women who would date a guy who doesn't then so be it. But if I can go out today and find a hot girl who's willing to date me, then I would happily date her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually honesty is the best policy... but when the truth is that off putting, maybe just being it up when its asked about... don't initiate that conversation, but don't lie when asked...

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, be honest with women you meet because if you lie to them. They will find out eventually. People shouldn't date others just because they have a good career or rake in the money. They should date each other because they are compatible, attracted to each other and get on like a house on fire. Your in the same boat as me, I always end up unemployed now, since I got made redundant from my first full time job. But I've been applying for jobs because I still really want a job. The only difference is that I'm not looking for anyone at the moment. Just tell them that your unemployed but your searching for jobs. The important thing is that you want to work and they'll see that. I could completely understand people being turned off by layabouts who refuse employment.

• Honesty but I think you should focus on finding a job first before dating.. gotta get your priorities right my dude.

• Sure you lie for a while no biggy, but what happens when she finds out? Would it have been worth it? Would lying be a good choice then?

That's why I think being upfront and honest might be better. On the other hand, If I lie about it at first, and wait until she is already relly into me to tell her the truth, I think she might be more sympathetic and understand, so it's hard to say.;

• Lying is NEVER a good choice.

It can be if there's a higher chance of them dating me. I personally think more girls would date me if I lie to them at first, and then later once we get serious, I can tell them the truth. Not saying its the best thing to do but if I'm right, then lying would actually be the better choice

You could omit, but if they ask DONT FUCKING LIE MAN!

Yeah, I plan on telling the truth based on these answers but it's not like I could omit that information, it usually comes up when you're getting to know someone

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 18

• i'm not trying to knock you life but i want to be honest. it is not typical to be 25 living with your parents with no job and play video games all day... just to get that out of the way

if you are asked you need to be honest. i think if you aren't asked you can try and push off telling them that stuff but you will run the risk of when you finally tell them face the potential of them being disappointed and feeling like you intentionally omitted it. so i think it's important to probably find a way to tell girls sooner than later

• If you lie at5 the very start, why should any woman trust you after finding that you not to do it again. Women want a man that self supports or at least is doing what it takes to find a job. Times are tough, but I know a number of people who need work. They don't just sit home and play games. They spend their time doing anything to find work. There is no future with you the way you live now. Whose money are you going to use for dating? Spending all your time playing video games as an adult is pretty sad to anyone who has a life. Playing video games all the time means you are not doing what it takes to find work and shows a total lack of responsibility and find living at your parents house the easy way out of having to work. You don't have much to offer a woman right now and playing games with a woman's emotions is totally wrong. I'd look at your life before including anyone else in it. If you do and are honest with yourself, you'll see how a woman has no future with you.

• Because once she's serious, you'll be a broke guy living at home with your parents, but with a willing personality, apart from being a chronic liar... yeah nevermind.

Just start working on your plan, and if women ask what you do, tell them 'i'm trying to get a career in xyz' going. Some women care about how much you're making, others care about your ambition, as long as you're working a plan, some might be okay with it.

• I seriously urge you to work on yourself find that "hot girl" will be a lot more easy to reel in when she knows your not a bum with no ambition in life, but then again there are bummy ass girls out there to so I don't know.

Well that's what my second paragraph addresses. Sure, it will be *easier* to get hot girls once I at least hold down a job, but if I can get a hot girl even now, then I see no reason to "work on myself" first.

• You'd be foolish to lie and she finds out later. Lying never helps any relationship. Now if she doesn't ask I wouldn't volunteer information but just don't lie if she does ask.

• No. Why would you be honest with a woman about *anything*? They won't be honest with you, so you don't owe them honesty.

Tell them whatever will help you achieve whatever your goal is. After you've achieved it, show them the door.

• I've been on my own and working since I was 17. How the hell are you unemployed and living with your parents?

• I wouldn't mention it in the first 20 minutes at least lol but I would be straight forward. You don't need to come off as an ass who's like lying or someone who is immature and not responsible. Just meet them talk to them and get to know them. Only tell them like once you know she Kind of likes you

• Yes you should be honest with them, but they will probably dump you!

Because you were living a lie and you don't have money!

• Yes, if the subject comes up when "dating." Absofreekinloutely if you're about to have "the relationship talk" with a gal.

• Right now you would seem like a person that's not doing their best to find a job and girls could perceive that and not find you proactive.

• Do you have a car?

• Now I'm not a girl, but I think the not having a job wouldn't be a the main issue bug ur attitude about it. If you are working hard at getting one I don't see that being the end of the world but if you have no intention of getting one that could be a problem.

• I wouldn't date if you can't even pay for a coffee...

• If not having a job bothers you, why not fixing it?

• First things first, focus on making money.

• u have car?

1 private opinion(s)