Is it possible for you to be in love with someone yet not be ready to be exclusive?

So I have been dating this guy, and it is Long distance. We spent an amazing 2 weeks together, but been apart for 2 months.

He told me a few weeks after we parted ways that he loves with me. He said he knew it was too fast, but he is confident about how he feels. I didn't say it back, and he was OK with that.

We have also had conversations about exclusivity, and he tells me that he is not ready for that yet. I feel the same, but it kinda confuses me, how he could be in love with, while not wanting to be exclusive. It makes me feel like he is not really in love with me. Also he only said it that one time.

What do you all think?

3mo by the way, although he says he is not ready to be exclusive, he hasn't been dating other girls either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is possible for me, but if she refuses to be exclusive within a reasonable period of time, I'm likely to fall out of love and move on.

In your case, I guess he really cares for you and is affectionate, but it's not likely to be love 'yet'. Or maybe he did feel the love, but thought it may be inappropriate or pushy to tell that a second time, unless YOU reciprocated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same position as you right now! He said he loves me but isn't ready for a relationship. Its been 7 months. Honestly if I were you, I would talk to him about it otherwise you are going to stuck like this for months to come not moving forward. Trust me when I say that's its not a nice feeling.

What Guys Said 1

• thats lust.
    or maybe both of u can't give up on sex irl
    ldr is hard AF

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it is possible.

• I'm calling bs

• Yeah I guess so