What's the longest you'd ever wait for a first date to show up with no text or call?

Assume this is a date you've been waiting for forever with the hottest guy/girl you know, but you're there at the restaurant and they haven't shown up, they haven't texted or called. Are you holding out hope that maybe they got the time wrong or maybe were stuck in traffic and their phone died, or are you like, I'm out. I'm not waiting for this?

• 15 minutes
  • 30 minutes
  • 45 minutes
  • An hour
  • Longer than an hour

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know. I remember one user on here though, finally had a date with some guy, i'd advised her to ask him out (he'd asked her in the past and she declined even though she liked him).

He showed up super late.

He had, quite literally, risked being late for a date with a girl he really liked because he was busy rescuing a cat from a tree.

Most Helpful Girl

• After Trying his Celly and No Reply, I would Begin to Get... Concerned and Worried that Something might have Happened to him.
    I probably would Wait it out, Ordering a drink or Two, and after an hour and Maybe a Bit longer if I didn't see him Walk through the Door, I would Get up, Pay the bill, and by Then... Be not only a little Humiliated I was Sitting alone, but also Start thinking that Maybe now, I was Stood up.
    Good luck, Great question, @BeeNee xx

What Guys Said 20

• I'd just stick around, go in, order food and start enjoying my meal at the restaurant without them after having waited around for about an hour. That'd take up another hour or so; if they turn up when you're in the middle of eating, invited them to come join you and ask them what kept them so long, but if they're still a no-show, then just brush it aside, pay the bill and go home- don't bother calling up to ask, because you'll already know the answer, and the onus should be on her to explain her no-show and prove that she hasn't stood you up.

• I understand the term of being fashionably late when it comes to a girl being ready for her date and getting to the meeting place, but just like everything in life one should plan ahead as best they can for things going wrong. Leave early enough to beat traffic or to account for your phone dying, but making sure you change it beforehand so those things don’t happen. Still, things happen, and we can’t always plan for every contingency. Therefore, the longest I would wait for a date, no matter how ‘hot’ and attractive she is would be 30-minutes. If the person meant more to me than just a date I’d consider staying longer, but not for just a date.

• Ill order a beer after 15mins and they have till the time i finish. After that im gone.

Maybe they have a legitimately GOOD reason, great they can call/text tomorrow to explain. Taking too long to get ready, overslept, it was your cats birthday... aren't good reasons here.

LOL, I'm with you on this one, but if they use those as excuses, yeah, there would be no remote chance of getting a second first date with me because clearly I'm not important enough for them.

We need to have an intervention with the 3 people that said longer than an hour. That's insane to me lol.

That's exactly what I would do too

• After about 15-20 minutes of no contact, I am ordering a drink. I will take my time and enjoy it, and then leave.

• 30 minutes min and then I'd text or call and if they push it back 15 more minutes I'd wait 10 more minutes then if its still a no show. I'd just leave and tell them lets try this another day.

• 10 minutes. Even less than your option.

• anything over 30 minutes is way too long, especially with how easy it is to communicate via cell phones

• Being late without a call just shows a total lack of respect for you.

Okay, but let's not pretend like our phones have never died on us. It happens! I would at least give 15 minutes, 30 if I get involved on something on my phone, but after 30, I would feel that way even if it was accidental like phone dying plus horrendous traffic. I live in a city with insane traffic and no amount of leaving early is going to save you from it or the randomness of accidents and road work.

I was going to add that if it was not possible to call, no problem reschedual the date. I left it out because it's really hard to not have access to a phone in todays world. Many people will let you use theirs for a very short call, especially if it is very important. If that was his excuse for not contacting you, it's up to you what you do with it. Maybe allow it once, but if it happens again, I'd be much more concerned. I live where there is a lot of traffic as well, but I also have learned when the route I'm going is always heavy, I make sure I leave early enough to be on time in spite of the traffic. I'f I get there early because of doing so, it's much better than being late. Maybe not convient, but doing what it takes to be responsible is always good. I do know it's never fun to wait, but 30 minutes is a very fair. 15 minutes is, in my opinion, to short, but we are all different.

• Laughing my ass off at that guy that said longer than an hour! Like wouldn't they call and say they're going to be late or something? Otherwise, don't stay very long at all

• fifteen minutes.

• i'll give her 30 seconds then im out. i have better shit to do with my time than wait for a irresponsible person.

• I'll drink a Coke and then I'm gone. So about 10 minutes.

Geeze, 10 minutes! I only listed 15, because that tends to be courtesy because literally anything could have happened, but just 10 minutes...

Dang your ratio is good, mine is under 1 million but I have different criteria.

@frozenhorizon

As I said, that is only for age, weight, and ethnicity.

That doesn't count single mothers (good only for FB/FWB), fugmos, druggies, married women (also good only for FB/FWB), total bitches, or a whole host of other disqualifiers.

And as I said, that's worldwide. So that's counting all those Oriental girls, girls in India (most of whom would be disqualified for being fugmos), the Middle East (fugmos again, except for Kurds)...

• More than an hour, but I made my date to wait even longer. It had to pass two months till she wanted to date again.

• I think 45 minutes, anything after that you're just not gona have a nice time anyway. Cos you'll be pissed that they was so late.

• Where is the one minute option?

• @es20490446e will wait 4 hours because he has nothing to do at home

• I only have the patience for an hour

• 5 minutes

• Longer than an hour

• One hour is my tops. Sure maybe I've waited or long for this moment for what seems like forever , but I'm not a push over or the butt end of a funny joke. The likelihood of all of those things lining up are slim to none. I want that date but I'm not desperate

What Girls Said 8

• I'd wait 15 minutes and then call them myself, if they answer (they should have a reason/apology especially for not calling themselves or trying). If they said they'll be there soon I'll order a drink, and wait until it's finished/another 15 uor so (so total of 30 minutes waiting). At that point I'll probably just message saying I'm leaving, feel free to reschedule. Or something.

• 15 before I text asking if he's on his way. Another 15 before I say fuck it and leave, and send him another text telling him I've left and to let me know what happened, assuming something legit held him up.

• I Voted 15 mins is the max I'd wait without a call or a text. After 15 mins I'm gone!

• Only a 1/2 hr. then your done.

• 30 minutes is all he gets

• 30 minutes max and I'm out

• no phone call/text would be a concern.
    i would wait for an hr. if i don't hear back at all. then move on and delete his number if this is first meet up. tells me he is not interested.
    if his phone die... it would not be a good thing. i am old fashion. i think the guy/girl should be more prepare when it comes to first date. make sure phone is fully charged and things all set.

• 10 mins if he's especially amazing, but more likely 5.