Anyone else hate texting?

Because I do. But my problem is that my guy friend and I have known each other for a couple months, because last semester we were in the same class... but now we don't have any classes together. So we don't really see each other except in passing at school. Now, I find him to be a really nice person, someone who I would want as a good friend. But, he only "talks" to me when I text him first and then we text for a while. Sometimes he doesn't seem that interested in texting, but then when we talk about how we never really talk he says that I never talk to him at school when he doesn't really make any effort either. He has told me that it's ok for me to text him and interrupt him with his friends to hang out with me during lunch. Does he really want to be friends with me? Why won't he call me to talk or try to hang out with me in person or at least text me first?

When we did talk in person 1st semester, we got along really well...

Most Helpful Girl

• ._. Text is f***ing fail and is not something to create a relationship on.

• I agree with you. texting fails. and I'm definitely not trying to create a relationship on it.

What Guys Said 2

• i rarely ever use the texting feature on my cell phone to be honest , I don't know it just never works for me or something that I use . I find it rather pointless to be honest , a good in person conversation would be more helpful to build a new relationship than just sending a few texts to him anyways

• i feel you shud keep texting or calling him for a while and den give yourself a break from texting and see if he ever makes an effort to reach to u..with that it would be clear if he also wanna be friends or no...jus text him first for another week or so and den give yourself a break...i hope this guideline helps u...

What Girls Said 2

• URGH! I DO TOO! Guys use texts as like this shield so that they can be confident and say things to girls that they don't have the guts to say to them in real life! I totally agree with you. my solution would be is to just stop texting him as much or just call him instead, its still better than texting

• Same problem I have! I don't like texting because you really can't tell what the person is feeling when they text you. I think it means a lot more to talk to people in person :)