Girl reschedules a second date = automatically not interested?

Had this discussion with a friend. He continually gives women 2nd and 3rd chances, while i maintain that a woman who is actually interested in you MAKES time for you in her schedule. To me, if she reschedules within the following 3 days i'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not lying, but anything longer than that requires cutting the amount of interaction you had before, leaving the ball in her court and pursuing other leads.

So far, my method has stood me in good stead while his has continually gotten him burnt with time wasters.

What do you guys think?

• True
  • False
  • Potentially

Most Helpful Girl

• i think thats very true. when i really like someone, i def make time for them no matter what. If I'm not that into them but think they're a cool person and attractive, i tend to lead them on. Not for selfish reasons, but just because i kind of hope ill eventually want to spend time with them if that makes sense?

What Girls Said 10

• To me the real indicator is the "definitiveness" of the rescheduling, no matter the date number. So if it's like "hey sorry something came up tonight, i'm so sorry, but i'm free on Friday if that works for you?" is still a go. Or giving her some slack, if she says "can we reschedule" you can ask when she's free next and that gives her another chance to schedule it on her time. I question it a bit if even after that she's like "oh sometime next week but i'm not sure yet", BUT that still legitimately happens because some people are just bad at making plans. Either way, for me, whoever cancels should be the one who plans the rescheduled date or at least gives you the chance to. If not, then she's not interested enough.

• Tbh if I'm not interested there just won't be a second date at all so no, I don't really see someone simply rescheduling dates as a sign they're not interested. If they keep procrastinating it, like pushing the date farther and farther away it gets annoying and that might be a sign, though.

True, but not many girls are as straightforward as you about it :P Not only does the date keep getting pushed further back, they continually text him during the interim. He is also unwilling to play several girls against each other, despite having the looks and wealth to do so, he just focuses on one girl at a time *sigh*.

I'm just running out of ideas on how to break him out of that nice guy mindset and get him to keep his options wide open for longer.

Hmm this might sound harsh but maybe he just hasn't been disappointed often enough to learn from it yet.

• If the chick doesn't show some kind of proof to what is causing her to reschedules on you, then she's probably not interested. Reasoning for that is because if she was really looking forward to it, I would assume she would try every way possible to prove she's not lying.

• Potentially yeah but sometimes things come up. Of course, if they're too busy to date they shouldn't be dating.

• It really depends on the person. A lot of females its a "not interested" but there are some where she genuinely got jammed packed last second. Which actually happens a lot for me personally.

• Sometime things do happen.. but if she keeps rescheduling then yeah I'm a say she's not interested but doesn't have courage to say it

• very probable... I do that hahaha
    I am the worst :/

• I'm going to say potentially. Sometimes life happens and last minute things happen. Personally, I don't like backing out of an engagement, but sometimes it can't be helped. If she makes no effort in really trying to set up that third date, I'd say thank you, but I'm moving on. I give guys three strikes, then they're out.

• Yes, this is mostly true unless she faces some personal problems, depends also of her excuses. But usually is not worth it, if she had things she had to deal with she shouldn't have started dating at that time in the first place.

• Second chance, I can get... Third is a bit much. Though I personally give them a week to reschedule in the event that they are working through the week

What Guys Said 4

• There's nothing wrong with 2nd chances but 3rd chances yeah that's kind of cutting it close.

I do agree that 3-4 days is fair amount of time for rescheduling.

• three strikes, you're out

• rescheduling not a good sign
    maybe she want to appear like she has busy life

• I don't get why girls string us along like that.