Horror movie as first date- pros and cons please?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish I knew you I wanna see the new horror movies lol but it'd be so messed up to take a girl totally not into horror movies to go see one haha

are most guys into horror movies?

Lol i don't think so I'm not most guys haha like I like to eat while watching horror movies, my ex barely wanted to go to some. of the horror ones I'm just a fan of horror movies I even laugh at some of the deaths haha I'm not really looking for a girlfriend these days but I need a girl to Come with me to see a movie hahaha but if your looking to date a guy u ask him if he's into horror? IF he's I'd say it's fine if not maybe a 3rd date kind of thing I guess haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Pro- She might get scared and cuddle up to you for comfort.

Con- She may be more interested in the movie than you.

Pro- You can watch the movie during any awkward silences.

Con- Popcorn gets caught in your teeth and gums really easily and you don't want to move in for the kiss while either one of you has a kernel stuck in their teeth.

Pro- You'll have something to talk about after the movie.

Con- Movie tickets plus movie theater food is unreasonably priced.

What Guys Said 7

• To me it's not a very good first date unless you save that for the latter part of the date.

Starting off with a movie of any sort for a first date means you two are going to spend most of your time looking up at a screen. Since it's a first date you two might not yet be comfortable enough around each other to touch each other and hold each other.

It does give you something to talk about afterwards but that's around a couple of others you could have otherwise spent bonding.

If you are intent on the movie I think it's nice if you at least spend some time strolling around, talking, getting comfortable around each other in close physical proximity (side-by-side walking, sitting right next to each other, etc) beforehand so that you two are already very comfortable with each other by the time the film begins.

And ideally you have quite a bit of time to spend together after the film ends so that you can talk about it and warm up to each other more.

It does give you something to talk about afterwards but that's around a couple of others [/hours] you could have otherwise spent bonding.

For a girl in this setting, it might help if you exaggerate your "girliness" just a wee bit. For example, when a scene gets scary, hold his hand tight or lean into him and hold him. Probably most guys would dig that and start to become a lot more comfortable around you.

• Ok listen up girl friend

Pros
    -Really easy to get close cuddly
    -Sort of puts you or him in a vulnerable position to trust each other if you get scared maybe
    -Cliche so very 'date' like. This is a date and its obvious

Cons
    - off the bat, its a movie. So if you don't already know him a movie is usually a negative
    - might open the door for too much physical contact early on
    - risk of popcorn falling all over someone when you accidentally throw it all up in the air

I see the popcorn as a pro.
      It's a good laugh, and it makes a pretty unique memory of your first date (if it goes to a second). And if people don't laugh or whatever it'll give you a hint about whether or not you like their sense of humour.

• Movies are terrible first dates because there's no interaction. My advice is to do something social or engaging prior to the movie.

• As long as it's not Fatal Attraction...

• Pros- girls grab on to you, breaks touch barrier, and you get to get really close
    Cons- some scenes you wouldn't want to be making out while they are going on.

• Pros can grab person because scared
    Cons can not talk for duration of movie because movie

• no movie as a first date is a good idea... you can't chat and get to know each other can you?

What Girls Said 14

• I like it because you can like move closer to your date and act like you're scared and then they can "protect" you and feel good about themselves as well lol, it's a win win 👌🏻

• horrible idea.
    talk to each other.

• Pro because I love horror movies. Con, don't watch a movie on the first date.. you can't talk or get to know each other that way.

• Pro, gets the adrenaline rush
    Con, makes the person really uncomfortable

• Pro's: Horror movies are awesome & it's an excuse to cuddle. Also a plus if you're not a talker..

Con's: There are limited talking opportunities.

• Pros - you get to snuggle and see if he gets scared easily
    Cons - you'd be afraid and most people think it's slutty to sleep with someone on the first date

Yes. That is the objective of a cinema. Fucking her right there and then. Lol

@RedHood7 Well some reason I thought she meant watching the movie at his or her place not at the cinema

@RedHood7 yeah i wouldn't eff him even if we were at his

• Pros:
    Cuddling awee.

Cons:
    I'd be too scared of the movie to even enjoy the cuddling.
    Nightmares.

• you're NOT TALKING you're JUST PEEING YOUR PANTS

• This sounds like my kinda date

• I won't watch movies with anyone.
    I only enjoy film alone.

• No movie in a first date. Just go somewhere in the nature and enjoy

• There are no cons to me

• The guy could be a sissy and piss bundled while watching the movie.

• Pros-good because then if you get scared your date will let you cuddle into them.

Cons-moving to fast or he doesn't want rush anything