Did I mess up our relationship after saying those three words unreciptociated?

We are both early twenties, and have know eachother for 4 months (offically my boyfriend for 3) anyways tonight I without thinking said those three words- I love you. After I said it he smiled and kissed me but never said it back. Should I take this as a sign he just isn't ready to say it or that he doesn't feel something? Please help I'm upset right now..

Most Helpful Guy

• That's tough to say how are you both other than that

Most Helpful Girl

• You both have only Known One another for a Month of Mondays, @Clueless-romantic9, and with just being a Couple for '3,' it is Perhaps too soon to Say 'Those three words,' for while you are both still Nursing and Nurturing Something Special, this is the Stage where Baby Steps are also Being Taken and no Mistaking... He Might not be Prepared to Go that Route just yet. He was Thrown off Kilter with what you May have Thrown his way.
    He was Being as Loving as he could at the moment, so this is a good Sign that All is not lost. However, from this day Forward, don't Feel you may have put a Foot in your mouth, go Slow now with Joe, just Go on and Don't make anything So-So, and the Next Time... Allow Joe to Let you Know when he is this Ready Eddy who is now your Steady.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Never say that first. Let him say that. He is the one dating/courting you, he has to make that step. The moment you do that, that becomes too fast for some guys. He isn't ready. He doesn't even know if he loves you or feel the same. Love doesn't work like that. Overall he smile and kissed you. Thats a good sign. He just needs to process all of this.

• He's probably surprised. Give it more time

• Relax