How much do looks matter to women? Guys and girls help me?

If a girl is amazingly beautiful, tall and has broad shoulders, how much will looks play it's part?

• Looks are everything, either you have the looks or not.
  • Looks are not everythng, lack of looks can be compensated by confidence, humour etc.
  • It all depends on if you push the girl's buttons or not.
  • Looks, height, weight all matter to a tall beautiful woman, if you don't have these minimum standars then you don't stand a chance.
  • Others (pls comment)

Most Helpful Girl

• hi there, please lets start from removing that she has to be amazingly beautiful, attraction in relevant to the moment in time i believe. a person often has a type but personally and from looking at my friends male and female we have all had very different partners across the board. one thing i have seen is often the most beautiful women have the most insecurities about themselves, which is very sad, whereas men I've encountered with good looks or good body are often the very opposite. a meeting with another at a point in time could happen for any number of reasons, that at that point work and maybe wouldn't of at another point in time xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I put "looks are everything" but I need to put some major caveats.

What I mean is that if you find a girl who says, "My boyfriend is ugly to me", then I'd question her interest in him as a sexual/romantic partner. The same goes for any guy who thinks his girlfriend is ugly.

To me it's essential for a person to find their partner attractive to have any sexual desire for them, and without any sexual desire you can't really expect romantic feelings to sprout out.

So to me looks are everything in that if you cannot be considered physically attractive to your partner (male or female), then I think you're SOL.

The nice thing is that people have a range of what kind of looks they would accept in a partner along with some flexibility there. It's not like people play an actual league game when it comes to the looks department since two people would rarely rate the exact same person identically. Each person has a type.

They might also look twice and reconsider if they find nice qualities about you other than looks, but to me there still has to ultimately be a physical attraction developing there or else I'd seriously question the relationship.

And "looks" to me goes beyond what can be captured in a photo. It covers charismatic qualities like how you carry yourself, how you speak, walk, talk, smile, etc.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends on the person, but I personally care more about personality and humor. Looks do not build a relationship, they may lure me in, but they aren't going to make me stay. Therefore, looks are not the be all and end all.

• Depends on the person what they prefer. I mostly care about personality. What I do hate is insecure men.

• For me, looks don't matter but i just find that a guy has to look the best he can look if that made any sense.

What Guys Said 2

• All I know is that it looks matter less to women than they do to men. Not a very helpful answer since it doesn't really define anything, but I have found it to be true.

What other quality do women look for except looks?

The short simple version: They want a best friend. But a best friend that just so happens to have a penis.

I can't remember where I heard it, but they say that in order for a relationship to be "ideal" (aka soulmate) then there needs to be attraction, friendship, and respect.

Can't really help you on specifics, I'm still working that out myself.