Would you date someone who briefly dated a friend of yours a while back?

I like a guy but he's a friend of the guy I had a very brief relationship with a year ago. The guy I dated essentially used me for a month and then dumped me. The guy I like knew about it at the time and felt sorry for me. They're not close friends but certainly in the same friend group. I feel like he wouldn't want to date me simply because it would be awkward dating a girl his friend used to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't date her. If I knew they didn't have sex sure but lets be real

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see a problem with it in this situation. The guy you used to date broke up with you so he doesn't get a say in who you date anymore and you were only together a month and it was a year ago.

What Guys Said 2

• If they just casually dated? Yes. If they had sex? No

• Lol guess that statement about women is true.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd still give that person a chance

• Personally I wouldn't. Just as it's too much hassle. But if he likes you enough he mught

• yesqsdqsdfqsef

• YOLO so take a chance, speak to him. See if he likes you that way and if he does then go for it, it's not like they are bffs or even close friends X