Not sure if I should date him or not. Help?

So I've had a crush on this guy for about 2 years and he likes me and I like him. But he dated my bestfriend in 8th grade. (We're going to be sophomores this year) and he broke up with her. He was slightly flirting with me when they were dating, but I wasn't flirting with him. But this year, (freshman year) when he asked me to homecoming, I said no because I've never gone to a dance with a guy and I didn't know to expect. I was really mad at myself, and he was pretty upset. But a few weeks later, he started dating another girl, and all my friends say that he's a jerk, cuz he was still stringing me along when he was dating the other girl. Like he still talked to me, walked with me in the halls, etc. But he was acting like a jerk towards me also. 5 dreadful months later, she broke up with him. But about a week after she broke up with him, he came running back to me, being all nice and friendly. Now he still likes me and most of my friends hate him. Help! He really likes me but I don't know what to do! I'm so confused. I really like him but I'm not sure if he's good for me. PLEASE HELP.

Updates:
3mo I can't stand hurting him, like how I got hurt. I'm just not that kind of person.

0|0
1|1

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think people under 18, let alone 21, should be dating

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, I wouldn't date him if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

I need a reason why. Sorry I feel so lost right now I don't know what to do anymore. :/