Does distance, age, money etc really matter when you love someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Distance - well sadly yes. Distance can be a heartbreaker

Age - I don't think so in most cases. True love knows no age.

Money - nope. That means nothing compared to love

When you really love someone, love is all that really matters.

Yep, totally agree with that last statement

Thanks for MHO. You truly live up to your name @AwsomeAmy 😊

Haha thank you, and you're very welcome 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• Distance doesn't matter to me. Money doesn't matter to me. Age used to matter to me, but not anymore. I'm in like with this guy who's younger than me and make less money than I me.

What Guys Said 23

• These things do matter in the end from my point of view, because despite the fact that the heart will generally want what the heart wants, this doesn't remove our instincts to seek out the best possible mates/lovers, however you want to phrase it and with that being said, the items you're listing can play a factor in that decision.

Distance will matter, because if you're going to be separated for a long period of time, this brings about stress and brings about disorder, and not everyone has the fortitude to wait for someone if they are going to be gone for an extended period of time. Just take soldiers going off to war. Many get divorced during these periods, because either the wife or husband isn't willing to wait months or sometimes years to be reunited with their spouse or gf/bf.

I don't believe age or the age gap plays an important role anymore, if it ever did. For the most part it has been my experience and is also my belief that age is just a number and shouldn't be considered when you love someone. Doesn't matter to me how old someone is if I love them and they love me. That's the important part; the love itself.

Unfortunately, I do believe money does play a factor too. It is not fair and it is a harsh reality, but individuals want to be with someone who's going to be successful in life and not just be lazy and make living a constant struggle. True there are going to be those unique cases where it doesn't matter, but I've seen for myself just how real this item is when it comes to a male or female choosing who they want to spend the rest of their life with and someone who can take you on vacations, buy you nice clothes and cars... et cetera is going to win out most of the time over someone without such resources.

For myself, I wish it was true that love is the only thing which should matter, but intellectually I know this is not actually the case and we shouldn't delude ourselves into believing otherwise. Distance, money, attraction physically; these all will play a part in how we choose who we'll share our life and bed with, even though our hearts may feel differently about someone else without these going against them.

I think distance would be the toughest to deal with but I really don't believe age or money plays a role in it, unless they were young and immature

Yeah that's sadly true

I completely agree. :(

• I'd say distances is a major obstacle. You really have to be in someone's life for things to function. The others are more grey areas that are up to interpretation.

• Money and age do matter, but distance doesn't it never has and never will. I'm probably one of the few people who can truly say it does not bother me.

• People really overestimate love. They let it dictate too many things. These things matter

I guess it comes down to how much you both want it to work

If you were foolish enough, you would. It's not worth wasting your life for someone you love. If they loved you they wouldn't let you

Wow okay, if that's your opinion then fair enough

• Distance is te most hard thing to overcome.
    And i would not date an 5 year old girl no.
    But money... No, if you love someone. Nothing in the whole world matters more than them.

• At 15, you have no idea what love is, and if you think you do, you can be sure you are wrong.

At 19 or 20, most women think that age matters, but money does not.

Most women over 30 come to understand that age doesn't matter, but money does.

There are some women 19 or 20 who understand age doesn't matter, but money does, but they are in the minority.

In the long run, age isn't too important, but money is very important.

And distance always matters, from the standpoint that it is an obstacle.

Haha no problem! My pleasure 😊

It doesn't matter whether you were referring to yourself or not, you still cannot comprehend love at your age, nor can anyone else your age.

But my point is that in the long run, money matters, age not so much, and distance is an obstacle.

• distance and age yes, money no.
    but that's just me personally, for others it might be different

• it costs money to travel if you're involved w/ someone from a distance

• Nah it doesn't.

• Distance is a factor

• Distance can the most I guess

• Distance does. If you live within a few hours drive so you can see each other every week or two it is fine for a while because eventually both of you would need to move anyways to live together, but you need to be within driving distance before then.
    Age and money doesn't really matter if you actually love someone.

• Distance, it depends on how far. If the distance on top of other circumstances make it tough to see each other then yes. But you're both far away and willing to make it work, all power to ya.

Money, no.

• Only girls give a shit about that stuff.

• Depends on the situation as well as guy and girl

• Yeah unless you want to be married to a guy with Alzheimer's I think it does matter.

• Don't care about those in a relationship

• Nothing matters untill you make it matter , negatively or positively.. You're choice !!

• Distance matters the most

• All of those things matter.

• Distance sucks

• Yes to all. Maybe not money at your age.

• yes it does
    one of my past girlfriend left me for a more financial stable guy
    i m not rich yet im not poor
    but what can i say money change hearts

I think money only changes greedy people's hearts

everyone has a price
      even the most rich people

Not everyone

What Girls Said 13

• Yes it surely does.
    Being far away means you can't actualize that love, so what does it mean anyway. I can pretend right now that there's some guy far away who loves me and it's going to be even better because there's no chance of me getting my heart broke. Plus if there was really that much love each partner would make effort for there not to be distance.
    Age doesn't really matter except if people are from two generations in that case heartbreak from having to bury someone so much before yourself will be devastating.
    Money does matter to extent. If both of you have no money and can't make ends meet, then love will soon turn into frustration and that isn't good for anyone.

• Yes.

If you're 15 without a car and without money for public transportation you have no business loving another 15 year old who lives an hour away.

If you're 15, regardless of whether or not you have money or a means of transportation, you have no business loving someone who is 18+ regardless of where they live. They could be your neighbor. The age difference is weird. 19 and 16 is different (even though it's the same difference) it's a society thing.

Yes. They all matter.

Money isn't a huge one but needs to be considered.

It has nothing to do with my life 😂
      I was just curious about what people thought

• Yes, it does matter. As much as we like to say it doesn't... :( it does to some extent.

• Distance does. Age doesn't. Money doesn't.

• I think that distance probably matters the most.

• Distance matters it's hard

• No. But love isn't enough either. See, you need communication above everything else. But it's also about what you are giving and receiving in the relationship. Some people can't handle not being physically close, making distance hard. Or they might have trust issues. As for age, it's complicated because of the different stages of life the people involved might be in at the time. And money... well, money problems can be really stressful and money stability is actually really important.

• Distance can be challenging because when you don't see that other someone daily you can be distracted by those you can be infatuated with.
    Age can be challenging too depending on the gap. It's not much of a problem when you adults.
    Money don't matter to me, but he HAS to have SOME kind of bank.

Yeah distance would be difficult and age would be a problem if they were underage or just too immature. And I agree they must at least have a job and not lazing about

• It doesn't really matter, but it depends on your preferences

• Yes, it all matters

• I hope not,
    but this is how I feel about it:
    Age: the biggest age difference I would feel comfortable with is 10 years until I found someone who was so so special and I clicked with them right away.
    Distance: I have dreams, but if my love had a job that required traveling around I would go with them sometimes and stay home and work at my dreams.
    money: I have dreams of doing good in life and making something of myself, so it's ok if I find someone who has nothing like I do but he has to want to be something and work together with me to make a good life with eachother!
    this is how I feel!!!

• To some extent, I think it can contribute to your love for them (may sound bad, but I believe it to be true).

• It does matter when you have a relationship with someone. Honestly let's face it, a relationship depends a lot on those facts.

Why money?

Right. im sure you already know this and I don't need to tell you but just want to say, you should know you are so blessed with such loving family who teaches you that most important life time lesson.
      A lot of families fall apart because they lack of that strong bond, love, and because self centered parents, spoiled kids, etc.
      as long as you are with the right person, he will love you for you under any circumstances. And I'm sure someone like you will find the genuine right guy :)

Aww thank you so much, and yes my family have taught me well, as little as I have.
      I just hope I meet someone who feels the same