What do you do when you meet someone but can't be with them due to wrong timing? How do I stop feeling so down about it all?

I met this guy... I had a crush on him a few years back but only started talking to him now. We crossed paths and I took the opportunity. However, the timing is all off due to our own commitments with our careers and current life happenings. I'm now realizing that if we were to ever start anything, it won't be until a year from now or next summer... And it just really saddens me because in my 22 years, I've never felt so certain about a guy before. I'm beyond choosy with men, never had a relationship or lost my head and heart to a guy... Ever since I laid eyes on him, I knew he was my kind. I knew we'd click, I knew it. And through talking to him and somewhat getting to know each other, I know he feels it too but I got too ansy and pushy and he backed away.. I know the timing was off but I chose to try anyways, even if it made no sense to. He's going away soon until next year, and I'm just so... Dead inside? Like here this guy was presented to me, and I know we're perfect for each other as one can be, and I can't be with him. At least for now.. And I'm just so bummed. We haven't spoken in like 2 weeks, and we probably won't for quite sometime. I won't get another chance until next year, especially since I'm starting my last year at my college soon... Ugh why does life suck like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really want to date him then quit waiting and make a move. Or you really will let him slip too far away to even do anything at all. If he really does like you he will be willing to at least meet you half way.

We don't know each other enough to date or become official. its just how it is

Well doing nothing isn't a good enough answer based on your question here. I'm not saying go and ask him out this minute am I? I'm saying maybe get to know him more and maybe he will get the clue that you like him and it won't be so intimidating. The most literal quote when it comes to dating is. "It takes two to Tango." as in in if both of you do nothing then both of you will just keep living on wondering what if. Do you want this to become another thing you live with regretting? Making a single first step might make him rethink his plans. Such as making plans down the road to revisit you. Or you can keep going on one anothers merry way and nothing will happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuPwvwUFvN8 ( I think this song covers your situation perfectly xD.)

Most Helpful Girl

• not meant to be..."He's going away soon until next year..."

" I got too ansy and pushy and he backed away.."

move on with your life for now... see what happens in the future.

But there is hope for something still even if not now?

agree...

but we don't know what tomorrow will be like...
      so focus on today...

What Guys Said 3

• I do not believe in bad timings. If people really want relationship, they will work on it, and will overcome whatever stands in their way, and will be support to each other during hard times.

It's hard when you're in different states and traveling on the road without a cellphone or constant Internet

Especially when you just met

• I remind myself to hit on her later.

• Ya cautiousness kills love and opportunity. sounds like you want everything to be just right. And now you have nothing.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't just stop feeling that way. It takes effort. And growth. But mostly, it takes acceptance from you to life itself.