Will it be easier to find a boyfriend in college?

I'm a senior this year and I've always been single, never even been on a date or had my first real kiss. The guys who approach me are usually up to no good or just not my type (intellectual and just personality wise). Also I'm attracted to different races will it be easier in that area too? Because I'm black and from the south people generally think down on interracial dating and just a black girl dating a guy of a different race especially white and in high school its even worse (I'm attracted to my own race too which is black but majority of the time the people who I'm attracted to are of another race) Will it be easier in college than it is now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Things will be much better on the dating front in college, but remember, black culture and white cultures are still different, especially when it comes to how to approach women, and what the expectations are. Also there are tons of stereotypes, so do not expect interracial dating to be easy. A common stereotype is that black women hate white men, but another is that they have a high sex drive (part of the whole hypersexualization of the black people due to slavery). As a result, decent white men may be afraid to approach, while players may approach too readily and for the wrong reasons. Things are changing, but they are not changed, if you know what I mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends, you might get more flawors but still it doesn't mean there will be the one you'll like. For many people finding a good partner ain't easy and depends largely on luck

What Guys Said 2

• interracial dating is typically a little easier in college because colleges tend to have a lot of people who are open minded and open to knew experiences. i wouldn't expect it to be easy but it's very doable

i found dating a little tough in college, like actual dating. dating and finding relationships in college (casual, serious, or other) is definitely easier in college, especially if you live on campus, as you have lots of free time to socialize and are almost always among co-eds your age

• It will be a larger pool to draw from.

What Girls Said 1