I'm scared of dating. I feel like I would be awkward because I've never dated before and I would be embarassed. Am I silly to fear dating?

I'm 15 years old and I have never dated before because I've always said no to people who ask me out even if I like them back.

I do want a boyfriend but I'm too scared of being in a relationship because I've never had one before and I don't know what to do in a relationship and I'm worried it would be awkward and weird. I'd also be too scared to tell my parents even though they wouldn't mind if I had a boyfriend. It would just be really embarassing.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think those thoughts are normal. My advice to you is say yes to the next person that asks you (as long as you like them too of course) and just go for it. I had your same kind of feelings before but then a girl told me she liked me and something about knowing she liked me too made any real awkwardness go away. There still may be awkward moments (I'm fairly certain I was awful for my first kiss and that was a little awkward) but if the person knows you don't have a lot of dating experience, if they really like you they will be understanding and make it as comfortable as possible for you. As far as your parents, you will likely have to tell them because of your age I'm guessing you may have a curfew or they will at least want to know where you are and what your doing. However its nothing to be embarrassed about, everyone eventually starts dating. Its not like they're gonna make fun of you or something, they're your parents! Just remember your fear and doubts about dating will never go away unless there's a first time. Even if it doesn't go exactly how you want, learn from it and apply what you've learned in future relationships and everything will work out.

Thanks for MHO! Did you try going on any dates yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• First, it's not weird to have not dated anyone at 15. Second, you live and you learn. It's likely that your first relationship will be awkward and weird.

What Guys Said 2

• It's perfectly fine to not have dated someone yet. Maybe you just want that first guy to be special. It's ok to be scared or nervous about it, all people your age are. Because you live and learn and gain life experiences that way.

• Wait until you are an adult then. It seems you are unprepared emotionally. Don't fall into what is popular. Be yourself and let your own conscious guide you. You have many, MANY decades to get into a relationship... when YOU are ready. Smart people listen to themselves, not peer pressure.

What Girls Said 0