What does his silence mean?

Last night he wanted to go further with the pics than usual, and I said do you really want a relationship (he's always said so, never given hookup-only vibes EXCEPT for the pics- every night we send pics back and forth). He said yes, the pics are just to build trust, and I said, I want to trust you. However, you have to somehow prove to me you want more than just pics. Prove to me you want a relationship. I said I didn't care how long it took, just prove it. He asked how, and I said how; doesn't matter; only just that I'm asking you to prove it. So he said okay, I'll think of how, overnight. That was that. I'm not worried that he decided to bail; he'd been very insistent he wanted a relationship and what that entailed over the last month we've been talking.
But today he only texted me after I posted a pic of my art on snapchat, and he said it was good. I then asked him if he was mad, and he's not. Usually every morning he texts me asap and we text throughout the day.
So, I'm a little bit worried about his silence and lack of conversation. Should I be? Could it just be that he's still trying to figure out how to prove to me he wants a relationship?

What Guys Said 1

• It all depends on what pics. I'd say he's after nudes, nothing more, except eventually, sex. He could have proved it better without pics being involved. It would have been largly down to time and effort he puts in.

I have a feeling he won't respond any more. If he was simply thinking, there's no reason why he couldn't say hello, at least.

Well, that's what I thought too, but I'm confused. He has never mentioned sex, or nudes, and the furthest with pics I've gone is the equivalent of a swimsuit. He's always been insistent he's not just after sex when I mentioned that's what I was worried about, and he's always said that he wants a relationship, why, and what that means to him. He's been very open with me, sharing some secrets, asking questions. However, I also know people can lie. But for a month? I don't know if he'd really lie for a month straight.

You are a very wise lady! How I wish more were like you!

Thank you! :)

What Girls Said 2

• He's probably thinking how to prove it

• Just give him some time.