Is this age difference weird?

So I'm a freshman in Highschool (15) and I'm really smart for my grade and I'm not an idiot like most freshman, I'm way more mature than all of them. And I met this guy named Zach at a wrestling tournament and everytime we made eye contact he made my heart flutter and I smiled the biggest smile. So I added him on all social media and he's a freshman in college (18), and we've been snapchatting for several months and we are each others best friend on it (yellow heart) and he always says he wishes I weren't 15, and he's really nice and hasn't asked for anything inappropriate and is really respectful, and my family knows his family really good, he lived a town away. But I don't know if the age difference is weird or not, and my family doesn't even know I know who he is ( he also wrestled with my brother when they were seniors in hs)

Most Helpful Guy

• Every girl your age thinks they're more mature than every other girl...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a little weord because you are im high school still but I totally see where you are coming from because I am the same way. I say date him as long as he is being repectful and everything but make sure he doesn't feel weird about it. 3 years isn't that bad.

What Guys Said 5

• There's no laws that I know of that says you can't be friends. There's no laws that I know of that says you can't go for a coffee together. There's no laws that I know of that says you can't hold hands.

There may well be laws that say you can't have sex yet. Keep to this law, and you'll be fine. Three years is nothing. You have so much time just to enjoy friendship. If you and your respective parents are happy with it, then it's fine.

• it isn't weird, but it is wrong.

Age difference is not a problem, but your absolute age is.

Do you want him to go to prison for 10 years? If not you must keep your distance until you turn 18.

Wait it out. Stop contact. If you are both interested in 3 years, then you can get something going.

Do you have a law against friendships? If so, I'd better not be seen with one of my female cousins who is also 15.

@dogbert444
      He was charged with carnal knowledge of someone under 18. They don't even have to actually have sex. Fooling around is enough. In his case, she didn't complain and did not testify against him. The prosecutor got a search warrant on a tip and got all the evidence he needed.

Even in a state has a lower number, like 17, the Feds can still charge him.

Seems a cock-eyed way of doing things. That seems typical of such a modern country that is still so puritanical. They have to find some way of getting their "pound of flesh"!

• A college guy going after a high school freshman is immediately weird.

How, I've known his family for a long time, and we met when he was a senior and it was freshman summer for me

You are both in different phases of life and need to live accordingly. A high school senior going after an 8th grader is equally weird.

• I'm cringing so hard right now.

• You don't have to explain yourself.
    It's illegal. It won't work. It can't work.

What Girls Said 4

• No it's not, yeah it's a pretty large gap for high school... But in college you wouldn't think anything of if

• sounds fine, the age difference isn't too bad.
    But id say be careful, guys at this age are a bit... meh

• He should be in prison

• no i dont think so