How do you regain your strength back after being rejected/blocked by someone you have feelings for?

Long story short, a guy initially showed interest in me, said he wanted to get to know me, and we texted back and forth for a while. He eventually began to lose interest in me since he took days to respond back to me. I noticed this and asked him if he was interested in me as in considering being in a relationship with me and he later replied saying that he was "too busy" to get to know me. I eventually asked him if he still wanted to be friends and he said "of course". I even asked him if I could add him on Facebook and he did. He texted me back on forth on that very same day he added me. 24 hours later, I check my Facebook page and noticed that he deleted me and blocked my number.
I am so depressed right now because I feel as if I did everything right and every time I meet someone I like, I always end up getting hurt one way or another. I keep wondering why he changed his mind so quickly about me. I don't even have the desire to live right now. How can I regain my strength and ego back?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, with you the guy was a player or some other form of low grade scum, there's nothing wrong with you if that's the whole story.

Well, young and inexperienced me has had to deal with two rejections. The second was boring and a last ditch attempt to date a girl I'd otherwise never see again. The first was terrible. It took a month to get over and I was doing it wrong the whole time, but the girl was an awesome person and supported me the whole time as a friend. I was thinking about and messaging her all day when in fact the best cure is to distract yourself, with other people or with something else.

Most Helpful Girl

• This happened to me, well the circumstances are different. However, my best advice would be for you to distract yourself/ take time to move on. Don't let the actions of some idiot get you down. It was his loss, and not yours. Remember your worth, and that there are many guys out there who would not do you like he has. Life is too short to sit, sulk, and suffer over something that probably wasn't meant for you anyway. Don't even allow yourself to question your desire to live either. I know how you feel, and I've been there. You have so much to live for. One day you will find someone, and you won't even remember this guy. Your heart is broken right now, but things Will get better, and life goes on.

I just wish I knew where I went wrong. Or what is it about me that made him lose interest so quickly enough that he didn't even take the chance to get to know me and go out on that date he offered...

I understand, and I truly apologize that things didn't go well with this guy. However, the problem doesn't lie within you. You have to see that you did nothing wrong. You tried to do everything right. You did all that you possible could, and tried your best I'm sure. However, don't let a guy make you feel so low. I used to wonder also. Wonder why things went the way they did, especially when things at the time were seeming so right. It's taken time, but the best thing for you to do is to pick yourself up, and try to move on. It seems hard right now, but it will get better. It's been 6 months since I've went through this. I felt low, and I hated myself. I blamed myself for everything just like your doing. Accept that you are not at fault. Also some things in life we aren't meant to understand.

What Guys Said 13

• He sounds like an ass. It may hurt for the moment, but be glad you found out early. The right guy is out there, and you'll know when you're the center of his world.

I just wish I knew why he rejected my friendship as well... He didn't even take the chance to get to know me after he said he wanted to...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying you should find out, if you try.

I can tell you're hurting. But wishing won't do you any good. It's going to take time to heal. This happens to almost everyone. It's little consolation now, but some day you'll have forgotten him.

How can I find out without creeping him out? Could it be possible for him to change his mind about me and give me a chance? What would I need to do to attain that?

• So you have been toyed with and rejected by someone whose behaviour appears to be irrational.
    From a male perspective, welcome to our world. :-)
    The most constructive suggestion that I can make is to not think of yourself as a special snowflake. Everyone is rejected in various ways in various contexts.
    Take a teaspoon of cement and harden up. :-)
    Move on and be thankful that you did not waste any more time on him.

I understand that guys get rejected all the time. However, I would never mess around with a guy's feelings.

• Well, it's not good to be rejected but life is that way. We just have to look forward and try again until things work for us, it's the only way. Maybe this will help you: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28863-the-5-pros-of-rejection-tomorrow-s-a-new-day

• Try going to the gym and improving yourself.

• This is how it goes. You need to accept that people are allowed to not like you, just as you are allowed to not like someone who shows and interest in you. It seems harsh, but it's better to reject them quickly as opposed to leading them on and building false hope.

He rejected me as a friend too even after we agreed to just be friends.

• I don't give a fuck if I'm rejected. Just move on that's life

It just killed my self-esteem. I wish I knew why he lost interest in me and didn't want to be friends with me anymore...

Fuck self esteem, even recognising what it is, is dumb lol. Be yourself, you're YOU

Why do you think that he rejected my friendship as well? He blocked my number and deleted me off of fb. I could understand why he would want to reject me as a romantic partner, but can't understand why he would reject my friendship after saying that we could be friends...

• do you have any pictures of you and other men touching each other? (hugs? )

things like that will make me lose interest in a woman too.

• Yeah there was a girl who did this to me a couple years ago. I'm still to this day blocked. And am unclear to some degree the reasoning as it seems extreme. Pretty much forgotten it and moved on but I don't think I can forgive her. Don't have any warm spots in my heart for these types of people.

• As funny as it sounds, watch kids movies.

• Did you ever meet him in person? Don't forget, online isn't real.

Yes. I met him at work.

How can I move on without closure? Is it possible?

Time will make it better. Best to busy yourself with something else for now.

• Nah you did everything right. Some people are weird like that. You don't get a warning or anything and BAM you're kicked out of their bubble of existence. You'll get over it ;)

I just wish I knew why he did it...

• yes, happened to me several times (except beeing deleted/blocked). I than just thought fuck you and concentrated on things not related to them or dating. That's also why I lost interest in dating except when I think she really means it and I stopped asking girls for a date and why I stopped trusting other people.

• This happens to guys constantly, we just try the next girl

What Girls Said 7

• He was just one guy and you barely know him. You wouldn't think about him if a other guy pops up so you need to accept it and move on.

• Girl, you'll be fine in a while. The reason why he did it honestly doesn't matter. He rejected your friendship because he couldn't handle someone who is as giving and cool as you where you are interested him and want convo. He's probably used to shitty girls. Honestly F*** him. Another hotter, more interesting guy will be all over you.

• He got scared. He's a jerk VS a tease. I'm kinda scared of guys, and sometimes I flirt... but I get too afraid to actually meet them. I have problems though.

You sound like every girl in the world :/

This was a guy I knew from work

I'm just curious as too how long girls are gonna make excuses for themselves to not go after the things they want.

• I recommend reading Evan Marc Katz articles and visiting his FB page.

There is no reason to feel sad over something you never had. He was a loser just wasting your time and was probably very bored and you were the temporary solution. Pick yourself up, and get your shit together -move on.

Why couldn't he just keep me as a friend though... Why did he have to block me and unfriend me off of Facebook? Everything seemed fine the day before he did this... In fact the day before, he initiated conversations with me on and didn't seem upset at all. I don't know what happened... I'm confused...

• I went for something similar, it hurts really bad and sometimes i feel that i sohould have seen it coming, over the way he behabed (like leaving me on seen for really long time). But i came to the conclusion that i give my best, i did everything whit love and not bad intentions, and that people in our lives come by for a reason and stay for as long as they should, no more. Dont linger to someone who is not whort of you, you have nothing to regret and is pobably for a better door opening in the future. Good luck, it takes time but you'll get there. :)

• Forget about him and try to move on.. he's was just playing around and lead you. There's probably another girl who came in the picture. The only thing you can do take it day by day..

Why couldn't he have kept me as a friend even if there was another girl in the picture?

Because it would cause drama for him probably.. I'm not totally sure

he still has an active tinder page, so I'm not so sure that he may have a girlfriend after all...

• First of all I'm really sorry this happened to you. I had it done to me twice back to back and the worst thing ever. I think it just takes time to get over something like this. I remember when it happened to me I still didn't feel right until the guy apologised... 6 months too late. You will be fine and you will get over this. Also, if he wanted to get to know you then nothing would be 'too busy' for him. You'll be okay :)