How can I know if my barista likes me?

He says "have a nice day"
is it normal? I think i'm overthinking?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's normal for them to say that. Yes you're over thinking.

He may possibly like you, but you may have to look for some other signs.

My barista knows half my life story through the questions he asks each time I go in ;) People who do that job just have that type of personality
    It's also part of their job to say things like that.

I know. But it's not Starbucks, so I wasn't sure. It's a local Coffe Shop I have discovered. I've been going there for the past few months. At first, I thought he was nervous when I was around and we didn't chat or small talk. Although I have chat with his colleague. One time he even confused my order and gave me 2 drinks when I only ordered one.

No not at all. There are four guy baristas in the coffee shop opposite me, we all know where each other went to school, college, lived/live. It's not a romantic thing though, I'm just in there a lot.

Ask him, you should be able to tell soon enough whether he's answering to be polite or if it's something else. See how the conversation goes. Just not when he's busy! :)

thanks. I was going to ask him last time I went there but he appeared a bit busy with customers.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes you're overthinking lol

I know. It's just I've never paid attention to it...

• It's a little known fact that anytime a barista says "have a nice day" it really means "I want to get into your pants".
    You should go back and ask him out, but make sure your best friend is there to record it and post it on YouTube. Yknow so you can see the magic whenever you want 👍

• Pretty sure they say that to all customers.

• Overthinking it. I'm taking it you think of him as "man candy"?

• No he means this:
    "Have a nice day, but only with me. I want you to slowly turn around with your coffee and sensually sip your coffee while making eye contact with the creepy guy in the corner who never seems to want to leave the store. Then slowly walk out the door, hips swaying, and tell me what you want me to do to your body. Drop your keys and bend over to pick them up, but take your time with it. Walk back to me and passionately make out while I brew you another cup."

What Girls Said 4

• Lol you're overthinking it. It's something they are trained to say or just say in a polite manner towards there customers after purchasing something. That goes with sayin "Have a nice morning/Have a nice night?" etc

• You're over thinking that. Lol
    I'm sure he says that to everyone, as most baristas do.

• lol I think you are overthinking

• Seriously? OMG honey move on