How can you tell if a date is successful or not?

I've met several women that I thought I got on well with while messaging/texting, but it fizzled out after the first date. I just went on a first date after two weeks of talking to someone (she was busy last weekend, and we're an hour apart). My gut feeling is that it will be another fizzled attempt, because she never really asked me anything or started any deep conversations over text messages, and I had to initiate the conversation every time today in person. We have a lot in common, so it's frustrating...

The only relationship I've had (2.5 years) started with 6 months of texting, phone calls, and Skype because we were 1000 miles apart. We literally fell in love with each other before having our first actual "date."

The woman I met today is shy, so it's possible that this contributes to her letting me lead the conversations and questions, but I don't know... How can I read this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a shy girl and I don't really speak much on my first date.
    and sometimes I can't even look into my date's eyes.
    and if my date texts me every day or every other day, I just let him initiate the contact.
    If I liked the guy, I text him back and keep the conversation going.
    If I didn't like the guy, either I ghost off or reply him here and there but it will be short one word answer.
    ask her out again. Then you will get the crystal clear answer haha
    if she didn't enjoy the first date, she won't be seeing you for the second.

She hasn't texted me at all today, so I think I have my answer. She usually texts me good morning if I don't do it first.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not so much what happens during the first date, but what happens after the first date.

I mean yes having a good first date is important, but I've had a variety of dates. Some where there's no kissing as well as ones where I've made out and went back to the girls place but still haven't heard back afterwards or they flake when I ask them out for a 2nd.

Actions speak louder than words as they say, so you gotta see how they act afterwards. Each person is different.

What Girls Said 4

• I think if they text you later that night to tell you that they had a great time is a good indicator. Also if they plan another date.

She didn't, but she responded when I said good night.

Then you can't be too sure. If she comes around then you'll know, but if not, just move on.

• WHEN SHE WANNA EAT CHYO BOOTY LIKE DEM GROCERIES DUH... DAFUQ

• You feel it

• they response and get back to you straight away

Aside from good morning or good night texts or asking how my day was, she never initiates ANYTHING. Looking back, I realized that she NEVER really asked me anything about myself. I had to initiate all the "getting to know you" stuff, to which she answered and followed with a variation of "what about you?"

I know that she is shy (or so she told me when I asked), but it really makes me feel like she is just being polite.

What Guys Said 8

• If you want to go on a second date!

#Match. com

• If they attempt to set you on fire with the table candle, the date isn't successful

• You both had a great time, conversation flowed, and there was physical affection at the end.

Yes; it was one-sided, mostly initiated by me; no.

Well, she said she had fun, anyways.

• A good indication of it going well
    Is usually a kiss

We just hugged at the start of the date. Our date was kind of cut short by an extended torrential downpour, but she may have just wanted to end it anyways...

Not necessarily a kiss is an indicator of a date going well and possible to have another date. I made out during my first date with a guy I met 1 month before, cause he gave me signs he liked me but after the first date, even if we spoker over text to go out again and we both agree to go out, the second date never happened.

• She will smile and stuff.

That didn't seem to help this time.

• It's easy to tell if a girl is into you, if it's not obvious don't even bother making a second date

• If your cum is inside her after the date then it with great.

Not everyone sleeps around, kid.

Not necessarily. Them sleeping with you doesn't mean they slept with other people like that too.

At my age, it most certainly does.

• When she leaves with some of your semen in her.