Started talking to this girl, but was horrible. How to fix this?

So I started talking with this girl that I like, but I couldn't figure out what to say so the conversation was all over the place. Asked her how she is doing, and try to ask her where she is from (since she had an accent), also so random questions. I couldn't really get the conversation going and make it interesting, because she soon went inside. Then I noticed she was talking to other guys, whom seem to be able to talk to the same girl and it seemed that they were able to get good conversations with this girl. I ended up getting her number, but it is like now what, I might end up bombing like this. The reason I feel this way is that the problem I stated it is not a new problem, it is my main hinderance with women. I have nothing to say, other than maybe some one liners, but that is about it. Looking for some advice on this, because I feel since these guys know how to talk with women I will end up losing out with her.

3mo Thanks for the advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• calm down, deeep breath. It's cool dude. we are not your enemies we are not some mystical beings (fromhell). Just try to open up a conversation as you would a guy friend, preferably not about sex or bodies or sex... or sex <:) Try to look out to see if she talks about her interests and ask her about those, if she is in college ask what she's majoring in but most importantly Always encourage her to talk. Eye contact and a faint nodding of the head along to what she is saying with a soft and warm smile, maybe add along with sounds that encourage her to go on "mhm?" etc. people like to be heard. simple as that. be a good listener and she won't know why, but she would look positively back on talking to you. If not then just try and move on,

hope this helps (it's okay to be awkward though, we all are at some points but just let the moment or experience flow through you and move on :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing you did wrong, was that you didn't figure out your conversational style, before talking to someone you are interested in!! You got nervous, and flubbed it!
    OK, start talking to ANY woman you meet, just say hello, make casual conversation, talk to the checkers at the grocery store, and get comfortable just talking to women you aren't interested in.
    Next, keep talking, but try to slip in a remark, or make a pun on something you are buying, to try to make them laugh!
    Women love when I guy can make them relax and laugh!! If you can make her laugh, you are halfway to the date!!
    It takes a few months, and maybe watch some stand-up comedy, and get some ideas, some things you can use, or maybe something like that, when you are buying something.
    Women LOVE confident men that can make them laugh, and relax, and like you!! Some are even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, if you can get a smile!!
    When you can regularly get a checker to laugh, or a nurse, at the doctor's office (TRUE TEST!! They are a real 'Tough Room' type!!) then you are ready to confront the one you like. Be confident, pretend like you don't care if she likes you or not!! (Women can smell desperation on guys, like dogs smell fear!!) Just relax, and see how it goes.

What Girls Said 3

• 1) No man really knows how to talk to a woman. lol!

2) Ask her out on a date.

By knowing number 1 and acting on number 2 you have put yourself way ahead of the pack. lol!

If you like a girl that other guys are interested in then you really just need to put yourself out there and ask her out on a date. And then date her and see what happens.

Good luck to ya'. :)

• You just need to work on your conversation skills. LISTEN to what other people say. If they want to talk to you or are interested in the topic they'll give you lots of leads and ins.

• No one was born great in conversation. It's a skill that can be developed and improved through constant work. You should keep on working on it. It was a great thing that you tried to have a conversation with her, no matter how awkward you must have felt about it during that time.
    Keep regular eye-contact, ask questions and act interested in whatever stupid shit the other person tells you.
    Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• There's so many woman in the world that it's easy for you to move on. Don't worry about it.