How do you handle a person trying to set you up with someone?

Especially if all three of you are standing there and it's not a "blind" set up.

Had it happen to me last night, but luckily the dude picked up on how not very interested I was in him and things didn't get too awkward.

plus beer so all was forgotten rather quickly 👌🏻

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends who they try to set me up with and how the person tries to set you up.

This one girl tried setting me up with a girl I totally wasn't into and the girl was hitting on me, kissing me on the cheek, etc and that was very awkward.

Another time, the same girl tried setting me up with her friends. She was decent looking but the one who tried setting me up was getting way too ahead. She's like you guys are gonna be a great couple, you'll thank me later.

I was like wtf, I just met her. Slow down, besides this doesn't even involve you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my goodness! How incredibly awkward! I'd say that the most important thing to do is if you have a chance, let the person know you are not interested (the person setting you up). I would have a conversation with them and let you know how uncomfortable you feel about being put on the spot like that. Make sure they know this. Hopefully they won't do this again!

If someone keeps pushing to have you set up, then tell them respectfully to stop and that they are being too pushy. Hopefully they understand. But if they don't then I would again have a serious conversation about it. If they are persistent and won't stop, then it's time to unfriend that person.

I think a lot of times when a person is trying to set you up, they are just trying to be helpful. It's good intentions, but sometimes people can be overbearing. It's okay to say no and be firm. Don't let them sucker you into something you don't want to do. You have a right to say no to something you are comfortable with.

What Guys Said 22

• uh yeah not a fan of being set up on the spot wit someone right next to me hah, those moments can get really awkward.

• I tell the person attempting to set me up to get fucked.

Luckily most people know better than to try that shit with me.

• if I'm not interested in her I'll just try to get out of it without making it too awkward or being very rude but tell that person later that I absolutely hate stuff like that and that they should not do it again

• Thats just weird lol

• I don't like that shit tbh
    I don't need it either 😂

• Obviously tell her your friends suck and I'm just looking to fuck not be in a relationship. Too blunt?

• do you get passed around often?

• I'd just go for it, I got nothing to lose

• it most of the times does not work, and rightfully said, is very awkward. nicely tell him off and afterward, when you are alone, punch the one trying to set you up in the nose lol. no seriously talk it out after with the initiator.

• I am not a fan my self, Tends to lead to awkwardness and eventually possibly hurt feelings.

• So your friend trusted and respected the dude enough to want to throw him your way and you blew him off just like that? What kind of friends do you have who don't know your type? That's pretty lame.

No she - my sister by the way - doesn't even know him. We had both literally just met him at the party last night.

Ah so it was a shot in the dark on her part. Can't blame her, she's prob tired of hearing you complain about being single. j/k lol

I literally never complain about being single, and she knows I'm just looking for hookups right now.

• Cool story

• Tell them to stop, I set up my own dates.

• I've never been set up. I wouldn't like it

People don't know me

• Just ask them to stop setting you up. I had a similar problem.

• grind them to dust! nothing but dust!

but ya usually super offended because most people are trainwrecks.

• are you trying to convince us or yourself that these things would actually happen to you had you been female? :D

Had I been female?

HOLY FUCK DO I HAVE A DICK? 😱

Well shit. Things just got a little more exciting.

so you're saying you're actually this desperate for attention?

• i refuse it.

• He was not interested in you and thought you were ugly

Lmao? No he tried to invite me to go to someone's cottage with him next weekend and I said no

Nice try tho qt pie

desperation, men are desperate

Okay darlin

• I even promised a bottle of Vodka or similar for someone who manages to match me but since nobody succeeded I never needed to buy it xD

OK, except once. There they wanted me to match me with some below average looking girl with the worst personality I have ever seen. There I secretely pushed them with my elbow to stop them but they seemed to enjoy and without her noticing so she isn't hurt but they continued because they seemed to have fun at this to annoy me and her. At the next possible moment I removed my self without making the situation aware to her.

• If I'm not interested I don't do it.

What Girls Said 7

• Simple: Tell them to stop trying to set you up with somebody. If they don't like that you rather be to yourself, find new friends. You don't want to be involve with people who disrespect you because they can't stand seeing somebody happy while single. Its jealously. Set your boundaries and get it straight. They don't care about you or what you really want. A true friend wouldn't do that. Teasing at times okay, but now it depends on what type of teasing. I don't like it, and I wouldn't do that to a friend of mine. You did what you had to do.

• My friends used to try and set me up on dates all the time. I'm guessing they felt sorry for me because I didn't have a boyfriend and they did. I just told them to stop match making for me, I knew they meant well. But I'm perfectly capable of choosing who I want to date. They always think they know what's best for you but they don't. My first date was set up, he was a friend of a friend. I wasn't physically attracted to him and he bored me to death, banging on about politics. I no longer have any contact with those friends. As far as dates go, I make those decisions for myself.

• It's never happened to me, but I'd probably feel awkward as heck in that situation. I'm too nice to give off too negative of vibes, too, I'm sure. xD

• I will make the friends regret that. 😈

• If I am not interested, I would say no straight up.

• ಠ_ಠ fake ur death and then move to Canada.

• It's annoying.