Lack of confidence?

I am sure y all missed my questions haha
Anw... so look I have some minor confidence issues especially since I don t have much experience at all so I don t know what the guy expects in this and so on.
But I noticed this doesn t bother the guys I am with, I feel they get more protective instead of being turned off.
So lack of confidence doesn t always equate as a turn off? Or those dudes are just being nice and patient with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• it's because of the way society teaches us how genders should work

guys need to be strong, have confidence, protect, don't show emotions, etc
    that's why many girls are turned off by a lack of confidence with guys.

girls are considered weak in some aspects and need to be protected, they can show emotions, etc. Strong confidence is just nothing that is generally expected from girls, at least not from most guys. A lack of confidence also gives the interested guy the possibility to help her and maybe even get close to her like that.
    So it's not really as much of a turn off for us, but it depends of course on a couple of things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope lack of confident isn't always a turn off. We're all different individuals and because of that we all have different preference. Its like some guys don't want to sleep with a virgin its not always because its a turn off but it might just the fact that they don't want to be the reason someone is in that much pain (AKA losing it) or they don't want to do most of the work since she'd be pretty clueless. Same thing with confidence.. some don't find it a then off but rather see it as you being able to trust them enough to let them in. Tho some might not want someone less confident because they are pretty much the same too (two wrongs don't make a right) No offence. So yeah when they get more protective they are actually being genuine. Hopefully i helped... Good luck.

What Guys Said 23

• A lack of confidence does not always turn a guy off. It's way to easy to take advantage of some insecure girls because she may go off what the guy says just because it's what she wants to hear, not what he does. It makes her feel more secure. If your guys don't have a problem with it, you are over thinking it. Over thinking usually leads to negative thoughts.

• Lack of confidence is only one trait. There are so many others that are more important. And you have so many traits that are really outstanding! Any lack of confidence you have is quickly buried and lost. Do not worry at all about it.

• Nah your a female lack of confidence doesn't really have any negative affect, in fact a lot of guys like a girl to be a little shy/bashful and not having 100% confidence isn't an issue and it's not a turn off.

As for the protective thing men are just hardwired to be that way, especially around weaker people or people perceived to be weaker/shy or that they're with, it's an instinct.

• Though a confident woman is better, not being 100% confidence isn't an issue for most guys, and some will even become more protective of you.
    As long as you don't become super insecure all the time, you'll be good.

Oh, but be aware of the guys that are just being patient to get something out of you.

• Assuming that I am attracted to her then I think a little insecurity is kind of endearing as long as she's not wallowing in self pity on a daily basis.

• those dudes are just being nice and patient with you

It can be kinda cute at the beginning (expecting it to improve a lot faster), but it's the kind of thing where I know she's behaving a certain way, but is capable of much more. If I would genuinely feel that that was her max performance, then it would be a turn of.

• Most guys think differently from girls on this regard. An unconfident guy may be a turn off for a girl but the reverse is rarely true.

• Always remember that you are simply better then everyone else around you. They only exist in your mind. YOU are the center of the universe. However they react is however your mind made them react. You are controlling everything, including me while I'm typing this. Don't you forget it.

Lol it s not like I have major issues
      I just wanted to know if it s not that much of a turn off

• They are being patient. Hiwever, believe me, you are a _beautiful_ young lady. The kind any guy would be happy to have. You should have no lack of confidence because, to many men, you are a goddess.

• mmm depends

So if you're attracted to them physically, lack of confidence won't be a huge issue. It can even be cute.

It does become an issue when you've been with someone for a while and that shitty confidence just starts becoming overwhelming OR you just met a guy that is looking for his equal, so someone that is complete inside and out and wants the same in his partner

In almost every other situation if you are physically attractive to him, he won't care that much

• No we don't care if you need to build up confidence. We are protective of people that we care about naturally. You should be confident all the time you have a beautiful face which is what guys notice first.

• Lack of confidence from the girl is not a turn off for me. they may as well be patient with you If they like you.

• Your crazy everyone on this site knows your hot

it s not really about my looks lol

for sure hahaha

I'd say just picture your audience naked but that would only exacerbate the situation ;)
      I am sure they are probably just as nervous as you.

• If you keep needing confirmation, it is

• No it doesn't. Some may be being nice.

• Lack of confidence doesn't hurt you unless you're a guy. Be glad you were born female

• well, vnmc is yours tonight ;)

jk, ethnic lmao, lack of confidence is something men need to care about, women need to have pretty face, nice body and they are good

• Girls don't need confidence like guys do.

• Just enjoy yourself. 21 is a bit late so its a little more important to do it with someone you like.

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0