Is there is any chance that a barista guy would ask me out?

I know it's his job to be friendly with customers. But I've heard experiences of baristas girls going out with customers of falling in love with them but I don't know about baristas (guys) . I kinda have a crush on one but It's his job so I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had it happen to some of my friends. Male and female. That said it isn't the common at all. You can always ask. As long as you don't make it strange after that there is no harm.

• how it happened? he asked her out?

• Honestly, as cliche as movie-esque as it will sound they got little messages on their checks and cups. Could be something such as "Single? :) " or a call me.
      Waiting for others to act is a horrible occupation though.

• I feel shy around him! Even today, I wanted to go and buy coffee and I felt intimidated and walk away!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. order a venti decaf half shot double expresso caramelized ice peppermint flake chocolate drizzle extra soy-free milk. Baristas love that

• Give him your number and see.

What Girls Said 3

• I seriously doubt it. He probably only cares about your order.

Don't put him in an awkward situation. Just buy your coffee and leave him alone.

• Yeah I work as a bartender/occasional barista and I'd wait until he's not busy on his shift (it can get INSANELY busy for us especially on a night out) when he's not preoccupied and try flirting with him. If he bites back, make the first move and maybe write your number on a receipt or something that he can get a hold of. Yes it's our job to talk/flirt discreetly with customers, but usually we're open to more personal possibilities with customers as long as they don't distract us from our work.

• Im interested in my barista for like a year now. I talk to him like 2x a month and we r fb friends. I usually. I get two drinks when he's there and one when he's not. Im going to assume he really isn't thinking of flirting with anyone mostly just concentrated on working. Last month I walked in and I say how r h as usual and he said I
      Like what u posted on fb so he clearly looks at me stuff. He did used to say hi a lot to me he'd even go out of his way to but now he stopped doing that but he also has another job and is there less. Im shy so chances her that when I talk to him he has no idea I even like him sometimes I say nothing and sometimes it's just how r u and sometimes I add more stuff. Well I'm wonder how do I flirt with him without being so obv I sometimes have nothing to say which sucks. we do have common interests such as video games , and tv shows. He is friendly yet quiet and reserved at the same time. How do I get him to open up more Also

• Most likely no.
    Because he not supposed to ask out his customers or ask for their numbers. if you really want that guy you have to ask him out...
    But really it's his job to be super friendly to his customers and talk to them, engage in conversation. Even cashiers or helpers at a store being super friendly and nice to you and make you feel good. And he is a BARTENDER...
    Great chance that he just might have been doing his job talking to you and nothing more. but if you so into him, why don't you make the move.

• I know. Although he is not that friendly like the baristas at Starbucks. He is more normal and easygoing.